Chars Sweep Houston!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

WJ Farms

That wasnt the champion Chi.............and its not Hoge last show hes not retiring until he gets to Judge the Fort Worth Steer show........................and besides that hes judging a county fair here in the Texas this week...........The Charolais were really really nice.............Chi was also really nice the AOB wasnt impressed with at all but the Gert was really really good for an American

C

crybaby

WJ Farms said:
That wasnt the champion Chi.............and its not Hoge last show hes not retiring until he gets to Judge the Fort Worth Steer show........................and besides that hes judging a county fair here in the Texas this week...........The Charolais were really really nice.............Chi was also really nice the AOB wasnt impressed with at all but the Gert was really really good for an American

so I assume, you're talking old man Hoge...

C

crybaby

Crystalbeth said:
there is something so familiar about your writing style crybaby.....

perhaps you have read one of my other 20 posts.

C

crybaby

OH Breeder said:
crybaby said:
Crystalbeth said:
there is something so familiar about your writing style crybaby.....

perhaps you have read one of my other 20 posts.

20?? Really more like .....Posts: 3311

Can't read?  It says right here
<-----------------------------

Name:  crybaby

You must have me mistaken for someone else.

WJ Farms

crybaby said:
WJ Farms said:

so I assume, you're talking old man Hoge...

Yes Dan Hoge

fed_champions

I think crystal thinks crybaby is jody.

and WJ i corrected myself in the post right above urs as in i was wrong about the champion chi

CAB

Jeff_Schroeder said:
Heat Wave x Charolais.
Then do these steers in the "Char" class just have to look Char and are really x-bred or is there more involved than this to class Char?

twistedhshowstock

In Texas steers do not have to be purebred to get into a breed class.  The classification sets out a set of physical characteristics for each breed and the animal has to meet those characteristics.  So yes to class Char a steer pretty much just has to look like a Char, but can be crossbred or any other breed, as long as he looks like the breed he is trying to class.

chambero

Charolais calves get run lots of directions now.  There are plenty of exceptions, but people tend to run solid colored white, silver, or yellow calves in the Charolais breed.  White/silver spotted calves usuallly get run in either the AOBs or Simmentals more often than not.  Yellow or redder colored calves get run as Maines quite a bit.  Calves in all of the above categories also get run Chi, particularly if you have one that is smooth and pretty but not quite thick enough.  And people that have the one that will win it all have run them AOB more often than not in past years, although the AOBs got left in the cold at Houston this year.

CAB

Jeff_Schroeder said:

Thanks Jeff that is interesting reading. I hope to get down to watch one or all of the big 3 in Texas B4 I expire. I think that it would almost be as fun watching the class classification process.

The market hog show @ the Royal use to be like the Texas shows. Everything was determined @ the weigh in scale. If you had say a x-bred white down eared barrow as a Landrace and the committee said no, you just then were thrown into the x-bred class. I think now that you have to have papers if you want to show in a breeds class, but am not totally sure about that.