Chill Factor cow flushmate

Help Support Steer Planet:

Earthmover

We are flushing our good HW x Chill Factor x draftpick cow next week and am still up in the air about what to flush her too. She came from Begalka in SD. Her dam is a cow called Kalista who supposedly had a stella show career. Just lookin for some suggestions or if any body else is working with this blood line. She never takes to AI but always takes to the herd bull. Herd bull is pretty good Champion Hill blood. We keep her heifers and sell the steers who have went on to win shows. Last years bull calf won a slick sheer show in ohio. So your thoughts on this will be appreciated.

ROMAX

Not trying to be an A@#$%^e ,but don,t you think you should have thought this all through and had it figured out who you were going to use before you made a date to have her flushed?

Earthmover

ROMAX said:
Not trying to be an A@#$%^e ,but don,t you think you should have thought this all through and had it figured out who you were going to use before you made a date to have her flushed?
You'd of thought so, and I have. Just wanted to see what SP had to say. Maybe somebody on here will think of or know of a good cross we have'nt thought of. I'll listen to anyones opinion, even a canuck, not to be an A#$%^& (lol)

mark tenenbaum

Captain Morgan (char-same dam as Smilin Bob)  The Gift,Cotton Mouth,Mercedse Benz, Haa wisdom,Whos Bailout,Amen.Open Bar,Lifeline,Free For All,Gucci,-and a ton of carriers-like Polygraph,Indian Out Law -yatta yatta. O0

Telos

My Turn (should comlement cow's pedigree) for those stout, hairy clubby's. Color might be a consideration. There's a bunch of chrome in that female's pedigree. A homozygous solid pattern bull might be considered as well. Especially in a flush scenario.

hojon

If your cow is clean I would try Irish whiskey. Also Who Made Who. I have two Whiplash daughters out of Kalista both having there first calves in 2010 . One had a WMW heifer unassisted and the other had a highlander calf  tried something different. One is bred back to Irish whiskey the other to Smilin Bob  I'm excited about both matings. I also have some Tinman /Kalista  or Maximus/Kalista embryoes as well if interested.

Earthmover

hojon said:
If your cow is clean I would try Irish whiskey. Also Who Made Who. I have two Whiplash daughters out of Kalista both having there first calves in 2010 . One had a WMW heifer unassisted and the other had a highlander calf  tried something different. One is bred back to Irish whiskey the other to Smilin Bob  I'm excited about both matings. I also have some Tinman /Kalista   or Maximus/Kalista embryoes as well if interested.
Thanks for the info and I will keep the embryos in mind. Never had her tested so I was going to go with Hairy Bear to make sure. Looking to make steers (cant seem to sell heifers). I probably wouldnt go Irish Whiskey. Were those calves spring born? And when are this years calves due? Also do you own GCC Kalista 0747 or know who does?  For every body else this is what happens when you just ask, dont be shy or worry about others comments. Thanks again HONJON  I knew SP would come through.

hojon

Yes  I own her. Both calves were spring borns. Whiplash daughters out of Kalista 0747 are due In the first of march and the middle of may.  The WMW daughter I have is really good  couldnt get anyone to come look at her so iam gonna keep her and maybe let my relatives show her a little. Thanks for the inquiries.