Choosing bull to Flush To.

Help Support Steer Planet:

HSC Ohio

I would like some "expert" advice. We will be flushing a Totally Tuned/Witch Dr. cow soon. She has always produced our best calves with everthing she has been bred to except Almost Famous. She is a moderate framed, considerably deep bodied cow with nice neck extension. She has worked with Heatseeker, Heatwave, Game Over, Sunseeker, and Tycoon. We have had two grand/reserve steers and two top five steers at real competitive county shows.

The only real fault that I have found with the calves is they can be just a little thin behind the shoulders and across the top of the shoulder. This is the cows weakest point in my opinion.

I would like some of your opionons on a bull (preferably Heatwave/Heatseeker line) that would put the strongest top in this cow. TH carriers would not be a problem because we are shooting for powered up steers/ heifers, and not breeding cattle. I am open to any suggestions. Color does not matter at all. If it helps, ankle popping would be the worst structural problem that I have encountered in all 9 of this cows calves. No cripples, or feet pointing in different directions.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Scott

HSC Ohio

I was wondering about the Walks Alone myself. I was pretty impressed with the yearling picture that was posted on here. I was a little concerned about bone on the Monopoly.

Thanks for the reply.