Choosing the Right Breed

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bradenh

Shorthorn Girl said:
if you look at any shows the calves who have been worked with the most act the best. whatever breed you choose if you work with it enough it will be fine
[/quote/] u ever worked with a brahman?? u get the wrong one of them and see how it goes.. . i agree pick one that is quiet and gentle more than focusing on a breed. your in a good spot and focus on getting a sure enough good calf and then going in that breed. . . but with that being said i have to steer away from brahman (the most unpredictible and crazy) and angus. . and then u can rule out brangus also with common sense

fordkindagirl

Show stopper 95 said:
Shorthorn Girl said:
if you look at any shows the calves who have been worked with the most act the best. whatever breed you choose if you work with it enough it will be fine
[/quote/] u ever worked with a brahman?? u get the wrong one of them and see how it goes.. . i agree pick one that is quiet and gentle more than focusing on a breed. your in a good spot and focus on getting a sure enough good calf and then going in that breed. . . but with that being said i have to steer away from brahman (the most unpredictible and crazy) and angus. . and then u can rule out brangus also with common sense
No need to worry about getting a brahman or brangus, I strongly dislike brahman influenced cattle lol, just somethin about them.