Chopper or Irish wiskey

Help Support Steer Planet:

akaacattle

Im looking to flush a really good angus cow, shes a bushs ambition. Ive got some chopper and some irish wiskey semen in the tank, im wanting to produce some replacement/show % heifers. Ive seen some great females come out of both matings. Does anybody have some imput on this topic?

Telos

I'm not an expert on either sire but the genetics using Chopper might give you an advantage in the replacement department. If you breed for show steers I would rather have a little Simmental because hybrid vigor would likely be a notch greater using  most AI sires. Typical clubby bulls are predominantly Maine- Chi-Angus influence. Whiskeys are proven great mothers, though.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
If you need some more Chopper I will furnish you 3 units for each one of Irish Whisky ,I used some Chopper and got one descent heifer, the Irish Whisky cattle as far as I'm concerned have more demand as females then the Chopper cattle .....

SFASUshowman

I havent seen a whole lot of Chopper cows! But I have been impressed with just about every Irish Whiskey I have seen! I saw some more at a fellows house yesterday, they weren't all jaw droppers as far as the showring goes, but every one of them was a for sure show calf producing female! I just dont think you can go wrong with him, cause the females will be replacements and the steer calves should at the least be county steer prospects!

akaacattle

Thank you all for the imput, Ive only got two units of the irish whiskey so im definetly going to flush with those. The choppers I will use on a couple of my other angus females.