Chronic bloat?

Help Support Steer Planet:

SPL

We've got a steer that is bloating every afternoon.  We have tried all of the usual "home remedies", but nothing seems to work.  Anyone have any other suggestions, or any ideas on what could be causing the bloat.  He currently weighs around 1200, and didn't start bloating until he hit about 900.

MotoMojo09

I had alot of trouble with that last year!!! 
I started putting 1 table spoon of baking soda in his grain every day and it worked really good.
Hope i helped a little!!

ROAD WARRIOR

There is a feed ingrediant called Paloxalene that is specifically designed for this. RW

SPL

ROAD WARRIOR said:
There is a feed ingrediant called Paloxalene that is specifically designed for this. RW

I read that poloxalene is to prevent bloat in cattle on alfalfa or clover.  Does it work the same for cattle on a grain diet?  I would assume it does, but just thought I would ask.

ROAD WARRIOR

SPL said:
ROAD WARRIOR said:

I read that poloxalene is to prevent bloat in cattle on alfalfa or clover.  Does it work the same for cattle on a grain diet?  I would assume it does, but just thought I would ask.

I have used it for both and gotten along well. RW