cidr protocol question

Help Support Steer Planet:

gcdayton

just put cidrs in a small group of cows after finishing i noticed one of the cows was actually already in standing heat. my question is since she wa already in heat when i put the cidr in will this adversely affect the results when i pull the cidrs on day seven?    

thanks for the responses i did give gnrh and do pull cidrs and give lute @ 7 full days after several years of using cidrs this was the first time such a circumstance had happened and was unsure of its impact   

thank you              

Rock*River

The CIDR should still work effectively, assuming you used either Cystorelin or some other form of GnHR to start the cycle.  There are a number of CIDR protocols, although I believe most include utilization of GnHR to start the cycle.  I'm not a vet or professional AI tech, this is just my opinion based on my experience.  Good luck.

Shady Lane

I've been faced with this same question before as well,

I went ahead and CIDR'd nthose cows and low and behold they stuck to the embryos that I implanted.

I can't tell you if it is 100% right or not, but I can tell you that it does or can work.

The only other thing I would say is that no where in any directions on CIDR packaging or from the ET vets have I heard that you had to be specific on where the cows were in their cyclye when you implanted the CIDR's.

Cowboy

As long as you got your cows thier Gnrh injection, and waited at least 7 full days to pull them, you will not have a problem. It take about 5 full days to form a funtion CL after ovulation, so that when you pull the Cidr's and give prostoglandin, they will then re-cycle for you.

If there is no Cl, she will not come back in heat.

You should be OK, but she may be late coming in some times!

Terry

Latest posts