Climate change or not?

Help Support Steer Planet:

SeannyT

Here in Manitoba, over the last week and a bit, we have seen temperatures at -38 C, and two days later up to -2 C. The start of this week the windchill made temperatures feel colder than -40C and last night we had rain, with the temperature being +2 C right now. Within two weeks we've have two episodes of a temperature change of ~25 C in less than a day! Just thought I'd share this and wondering how the weather is elsewhere.

justintime

there may be a tiny bit of truth to the climate change argument, but I think their arguement gets diluted some everytime I have to shovel some global warming off my deck. Looking back over time, there was just as much climate change in previous centuries as there is now.

mark tenenbaum

I think the indecies from the poles and tundra seem to have been pretty dramatic in my lifetime-even though I am sometimes linked to the dawn of civilization- the million year (whatever-whats a hundred k +-) glacier in the national geographic and the ensuing picture  green tundra were one of many examples-along with the virtual disaappearances  (or close to it) of some extremly aged ice floes in the Alps etc.Point is-these areas have been aged-(the ice and indiginious materials materials ) back in some cases to the ice age-and dissappeared or dissipated in an unusual way-in 50 years. The Oceans are a whole nother deal.  O0

knabe

margaret sanger, hitler, stalin, pol pot, mao, genghis khan, jim jones and many others have helped out with global warming.

it always amazes me why the global warmists don't go where there is the most people and get rid of them like the above did and really get effective.

don't think they haven't advocated for it.

mark tenenbaum

I think the idea of global warmists is kinda dumb-scientific fact is what it is-I think anyone who goes outdoors can see some difference in thier lifetime-and most reasonably civilzed govts around the world are paying lip service to global warming-with the idea that there are faster ways to do mass extermination if needs be.Heilping China turn thier country into a biological -ecological holocost of sorts is maybe one example-they are into the dollar and US influence way far to back out-Dont even have to nationalize Wallmart. Although some countries and or intelligence orgs. covertly support and applaud moronic activity like strapping on explosives -they run the other way when its thier turn.Ditto for wanting to remain alive on this planet . An off the subject example would be big bad Yasser Arafat -an early supporter of theTERRORIST Dune Coons of the desert-till we lobbed a missle in his house- now hes YOWSA ARAFAT-and kisses the US everywhere,need the OIL-he steps n fetches it. O0

knabe

most people seem to like two sets of rules or subsidized musical chairs as long as they are guaranteed a chair and are not under selection of their own rules.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
most people seem to like two sets of rules or subsidized musical chairs as long as they are guaranteed a chair and are not under selection of their own rules.///Aptly put indeed-till it comes down to survival-in the real thing-all thats out the window. But a very good point indeed-RE our bretherin of the desert-because thier entire state of reality-and resultant memory of any prior action or statement-changes with each minute-or less-dependent upon whose around and or whats in it for them O0

lfarms

i dont think    this global warming is  true .

here in harrisonville mo it has been getting colder than warmer.

in my brothers astronmy  magazine it should a time line of weather, it seems that we are getting colder.

SeannyT

I don't disagree with any points anyone has made here. My only point to add is that there is a difference between climate change and global warming. The reasoning and theory behind global warming is flawed and I do not agree with it at all. I do however believe that our climate is changing, regardless of the impact us as humans are making. It has happened before in history and I believe we are just in a natural cycle. All of this increased occurrence of natural disasters worldwide does scare me however :eek:

Telos

The fact is, oceans are warming. Some species are not able to evolve fast enough and are struggling. With warmer water there will be more evaporation and in turn more precipitation.

Jill

touché
Some species are not able to evolve fast enough and are struggling.[/quote]

This applies to some you Maine-Anjou breeders/entrepreneurs as well. ??? :'(
[/quote]

touche' (clapping)

Okotoks

Well we have warmed up to minus 23 C (minus 9 F) with wind chills of minus 34C (minus 29 F) and it's March 2! :mad:
The earth has always had climate change and weather patterns that cover months and sometimes years. In 1994 and 1995 the beginning of March saw temperatures like this in our area.
About the only thing to do is put on another layer of clothes, more bedding out for the cows and complain.( hey it makes me feel better if I complain about it ;) )

justintime

Yesterday ( March 1st) was the coldest March 1st here in 90 years. I also heard one of the head meteorologists for Environment Canada interviewed yesterday, and he was predicting the next 3 months being colder than normal for Western Canada and the Northern Plains of the US. He said that there could even be a few snow banks left in some areas in June. This kind of depressed me, but then I remembered that this was one of the guys who usually can't get the weather right for tomorrow, let along 3 months from now.

PaFFA Proud

justintime said:
Yesterday ( March 1st) was the coldest March 1st here in 90 years. I also heard one of the head meteorologists for Environment Canada interviewed yesterday, and he was predicting the next 3 months being colder than normal for Western Canada and the Northern Plains of the US. He said that there could even be a few snow banks left in some areas in June. This kind of depressed me, but then I remembered that this was one of the guys who usually can't get the weather right for tomorrow, let along 3 months from now.

Lol same here..they say its going be a bright and sunny day...well its anything but that, and whens its suppose to rain, its nice out. We always plan vice versa what they say!

justintime

PaFFA Proud said:
justintime said:

Lol same here..they say its going be a bright and sunny day...well its anything but that, and whens its suppose to rain, its nice out. We always plan vice versa what they say!

Weather forecasters have the only job I know where they can be wrong 80% of the time, and still keep their jobs!  I cannot think of another occupation where it works this way. If I was wrong in 80 % of my decisions, I would be out of business fairly fast.

aj

Over earths history the climate is always changing. Ice ages have always occurred. We are between ice ages right now. The Wisconsin ice age was on us what 20,000 years ago. A 10 year span is a blink of the eye in the earths history. Us humans have very little affect on the climate over the long haul. A super volcano or something of that magnitude will change the climate significantly. A meteor strike. Something like that. The electric car is such a joke. Its a touchy feely thing for people who consider themselves morally superior but where the heck do they electricity comes from. Coal burning plants. Weneed to work this stuff but we are so far away from making the green technology viable.jmo

jphelps

aj said:
Over earths history the climate is always changing. Ice ages have always occurred. We are between ice ages right now. The Wisconsin ice age was on us what 20,000 years ago. A 10 year span is a blink of the eye in the earths history. Us humans have very little affect on the climate over the long haul. A super volcano or something of that magnitude will change the climate significantly. A meteor strike. Something like that. The electric car is such a joke. Its a touchy feely thing for people who consider themselves morally superior but where the heck do they electricity comes from. Coal burning plants. Weneed to work this stuff but we are so far away from making the green technology viable.jmo

Are you saying that these emissions will have no effect on the climate whatsoever? That it is just part of Earth's natural cycle?