Clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

I always borrow clippers from friends and am ready to buy a set of my own. What do you guys suggest? what is your favorite set of clippers?

The Show

Andis light speeds, 2 speeds, or 5 speeds. I use light speeds bc I only like using one speed, and the light works great for clipping bellies or when your in a dark barn. 2 and 5 speeds are the same size/weight/style as light speeds and the differences should be self explanatory. Their about $130 brand new from sullivans. 

herefordfootball

Get a pair of Andis Super 2 speeds, with a super blocking blade(comes with), a 5/8 blade, and a #4 blade. Use this for the neck, any body clipping, shoulders, brisket area, fitted legs, fitted tail head, topline, and bottom line.

Get a pair of Oster Shearmaster(Yellow) or (blue). Single or Variable is the color difference. Get it to come with the sheephead and buy a used flathead from Sullivans or Sinnamon Show Supply, they'll treat you right. Make sure to have a back up set of blades for the flatheads and a back up superblocking blade as these are the ones you'll use most. This is the clipper setup I have and it works out great. Good luck.

Dozer45

I've got a set of shear masters and an even better pair of Premier One shearers from my sheep days and I can get an attachment head for a pretty good price. Mostly looking for smaller clipper for working on shoulders and more intricate areas. Thanks for the help guys! I was thinking of Andis but wanted to see if they were as popular as they make themselves out to be  ;D

OH Breeder

I have purchased the two speed Andis for as low as 75 a pair on Ebay brand new. I would suggest going on Ebay and watching them. Enter in the search bar Andis Two speed clippers and there will be tons.
Like the X=Block blade. Use it for a variety of things. For shaving heads I have the Andis Cattle & Horse Clipper  Item Number: 68010  Model: HC  they are GREAT FOR heads. SO quiet and light weight.

http://www.andis.com/USA/products.asp?Div=LG%20Animal&Animal=Cattle

Dozer45

Are Andis AGC Super 2 Speed Clipper  the ones that everyone is suggesting?

Ms Ray

herefordfootball said:
Get a pair of Andis Super 2 speeds, with a super blocking blade(comes with), a 5/8 blade, and a #4 blade. Use this for the neck, any body clipping, shoulders, brisket area, fitted legs, fitted tail head, topline, and bottom line.

Get a pair of Oster Shearmaster(Yellow) or (blue). Single or Variable is the color difference. Get it to come with the sheephead and buy a used flathead from Sullivans or Sinnamon Show Supply, they'll treat you right. Make sure to have a back up set of blades for the flatheads and a back up superblocking blade as these are the ones you'll use most. This is the clipper setup I have and it works out great. Good luck.

around here I always see people only using Andis what do you clip with the shearmasters?  (normaly the breeder or my sons leader clips for us)

The Show

Dozer45 said:
Are Andis AGC Super 2 Speed Clipper  the ones that everyone is suggesting?

Yeah pretty much. You can clip an entire calf from nose to toes with the right blades. Flatheads and sheepheads are nice to have if you can afford them, but you'll find yourself using your 2 speeds 90% of the time.

herefordfootball

Ms Ray said:
herefordfootball said:

around here I always see people only using Andis what do you clip with the shearmasters?  (normaly the breeder or my sons leader clips for us)

I put the flat head on the shearmasters and clip the head with that. Much faster and easier on the motor and will go through a lot more hair than the 2 speeds on the head.
Edit: Also use the sheepheads or flatheads to body shear the show calves in early march to get in a new coat for late spring/summer shows.

Rocky Hill Simmental

OH Breeder said:
I have purchased the two speed Andis for as low as 75 a pair on Ebay brand new. I would suggest going on Ebay and watching them. Enter in the search bar Andis Two speed clippers and there will be tons.
Like the X=Block blade. Use it for a variety of things. For shaving heads I have the Andis Cattle & Horse Clipper  Item Number: 68010  Model: HC  they are GREAT FOR heads. SO quiet and light weight.

http://www.andis.com/USA/products.asp?Div=LG%20Animal&Animal=Cattle

I have the 68010 HC clippers too and they're awesome. I'd recommend them to anyone. :)

Dozer45

MillwoodFarms said:
couple of andis 2 speeds with a super blocking blade, blending blade, and T84 and a good set of sheepheads and a pair of steady hands

Do you know where I can buy a pair of those?
(lol)

Ms Ray

when you say sheep heads what # of tooth are you using?  (we use surgical blades to sheer sheep)