clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

can anyone recommend a set of smaller clippers that can actually run blocking blades? I got a set of andis agcl that ran nomal blades great but couldent handle the bigger blades, IT was only the one speed. I was looking laube lazor clippers, or the two-speed andis agcl? any thoughts would be great.

Diamond

X.x someone must have an idea on a set of clippers...atleast I thought there would be some fitters who could give some advise

inthebarnagain

Laubes are about the best there are.  Yes they are more expensive but they run at over twice the speed of any other clipper on the market and don't get hot in your hand. 

shortyjock89

Laube's are too expensive if you just want a set that can handle blocking blades.  Andis' super two speeds are a great basic clipper, as are KM2's.  Wahl makes a clipper called the Switchblade that is a little different, but they're good.  

What do you mean by "normal" blades and "bigger" blades?  

Diamond

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Laube's are too expensive if you just want a set that can handle blocking blades.  Andis' super two speeds are a great basic clipper, as are KM2's.  Wahl makes a clipper called the Switchblade that is a little different, but they're good.  

What do you mean by "normal" blades and "bigger" blades?  

Normal im refering to size ten blades, when I mean bigger im refering to blades like the x-blend that are the wider blades.

Wne I used the ten blades that came with my new clippers they cut threw anything, but with the X-blend on or another like it, they started to bog down. This is the same reason that my old pairs where getting replaced but we had figured it was because those where cordless, that there was just not enough power to them. And yes, the X was a new set.

lightnin4

I've got a set of the old Andis Super 2 Speeds and the Wahl Switchblades.  They both handle the blocking blades fine.  I haven't used the Wahls much yet.  They seem ok, just hard to put down the old Andis!

cattlemanr

I have a new set of the Andis Silver 5 speed and a Conair FX2(Santa was good to Me) Used them both extensively the last few weeks getting ready and for the week in Denver both performed very well with a variety of blades and through adhesive.  The Conairs are lighter and run cooler they both really clip well.I have worn out enough Andis over the years that I trust them but this new FX from Conair is my new favorite.

shortyjock89

Do you think the Conair's are fast enough? I thought about getting some but then found out they only put out about 3000 strokes per minute.  The Andis super two speeds put out like 4400, and the 5 speeds are 10% higher than that.