Clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

RingBling

Hi! I'm new here to the forum, not so new to the show world.
This weekend I was at the Georgia Jr. Beef Futurity in Perry Ga. Had a great time even with all the truck and trailer problems on the way. But as we were leaving I entrusted my young sidekick to ensure my clippers were put in the truck. After an 11 hour drive home, they were not. Learned my lesson.

Anyways I'm in the market for some new clippers. I had a set of 12 year old Andis 2 speeds and a 10 year old set of Andis lightspeeds. I loved both pairs, especially my lights since I'm not always fitting in optimal lighting. But after browsing the internet I've realized there are so many styles available now. So what are your favorites?! I've always leaned to Andis, especially now that I'm forced to use Osters at work and they overheat so fast.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

DSCSD

Ahhh I know that feeling! Personally.... stick to what you like and know fits your style.... unless you have money to blow on clippers to find out that "these perfectly balanced clippers" aren't so balanced for you and then go buy another set of andis anyway and let the other ones collect dust. That's always fun too! Maybe some nice soul will see this and return your clippers to you.

Spencer10218

I have a set of wahl km2 and walk km5 I  like them, but yet again I don't really pay to much attention to the clipper it's self I'm focused on how dull my blade is and why I forgot to get a new one
Never used a andis, heard everyone loves them though

WinterSpringsFarm

I started on a couple sets of osters when I showed dairy. As my fitting improved I found them to be a bit lacking. So I bought a set of andis'. That was 15yrs ago I'm sure. But I loved those clippers and will buy another set when I start fitting again.

ferkj

Stick with what you have been comfortable with. I still use the old square bodied Andis i started with prob 20 years ago.  If you are working with someone who has a different brand/style than you do, ask them to let you try for bit to get a feel.  Do see alot of the 6 speed Andis out there now but everyone i fit with always runs on max speed wether it 2 or 6.

shortyjock89

Well, 5-speeds, but yeah.  They are a bit faster and lighter than the 2 speeds, and way better to hold than the square bodied ones in my opinion. 

I think the 2 speeds are a bit more durable, and I use those for clipping through glue and paint, and use older 2 speeds for when whoever I'm clipping for hasn't done the best job of getting their calf clean.