clogged mist sprayers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hoosiers#1

Just bought a new arctic circle mister and filter, already clogging up .  Can anyone suggest how to keep them running.  thanks.

Show Steaks

CLR it possibly liek you do a faucet in your bathroom, probablly wouldnt be wise to spray that on cows but it world surely un clog them or  put in 2 filters

herefordfootball

You need to soak the filter in vinegar over night or at least 24 hrs. I'd say. along with the tips. Before putting them back on run water through the mister hose without the filter or tips on. The filter clogs fairly easy for us around here because we have TONS of iron in our water. Make sure when you soak the filter that any visible debri on the screen of the filter is removed.

chambero

Take the little rubber o rings off before soaking in vinegar or clr.  I ruined a bunch one time.    .  They will expand

ROAD WARRIOR

I went to menards and got two of the "sock" type water filters and plumbed them into the system ahead of the misters. It was pretty cheap and saved alot of headaches. RW

amss101

We have well water and lots of "stuff" in our water too...we also bought one of the cheap filter systems that filters only the hose to the misters. When need we soak our tips overnight in CLR.

NHR

we have a 4 foot section of hose added to our main line and pour white vinegar in it everyday. Then we hook it back up and run it.

herefordfootball

NHR said:
we have a 4 foot section of hose added to our main line and pour white vinegar in it everyday. Then we hook it back up and run it.

Maybe thats something we should all try. Keeping them clean might have to be one of those daily chore things you have to work in your schedule. I might try that. Do you let it run through the filter too? Or just the mister hose to tips?

BCCC

chambero said:
Take the little rubber o rings off before soaking in vinegar or clr.  I ruined a bunch one time.    .  They will expand
I did that too, but I set them out in the sun for a while and the o-rings shrinked back down.

frostback

I put one of those plant/lawn feeders in the line and fill it with vinegar so it is a continuous mix of vinegar. Easy to refill.