Clones and breeding.......

Help Support Steer Planet:

Limiman12

Didn't mean to have three posts, just retread both of our posts and thought of something else.......

I did not mean to claim that heat wave and Mac got the same start.    I was comparing lean Mac as a stud to the original heat wave in that Mac got bred  to better dogs than his counter parts, and the resulting pups end up in serious homes, just  as heat wave original gets bred to better cows then his clones.

When I say he was the heat wave of the retriever world it is because if you ask 100 knowledgable retrieve people,  who the best side of all time was, 90 are likely to say lean Mac.  Just as heat wave gets excluded from best side polls, in part because as one person said, he would win easy....

I explained Mac as an analogy because not everyone on here would know him.  Though it is cool so many do....

Though so far with the exception of the semen quality issue, know one that has posted would justify original semen over a clone.  Even with semen issues, use three straws of seven instead of one of original and you are money and sperm count ahead.

cattleman25

how can anyone really say that clones dont breed the same as originals? there is really no way to prove it. you can take 10 flush mate embryo's and when the calves are born you will have 10 different looking calves. you can breed a cow and get 1 great calf and breed her 5 more times and get average calves. i see no reason not to use clone seman when its a lot cheaper and is the same dna as orginals.