CLRC's new virtual mating and inbreeding coefficients

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

I am pretty excited about Canadian Livestock Records Corporation,s new features. You can now plan a mating and get the extended pedigree and the inbreeding coefficients. It is now working for cattle, horses, sheep, goats and should be working for swine soon.
Below is an example of a virtual mating, one Hilltop did with one of Jaimiediamond cows they have on lease.
http://www.clrc.ca/cgi-bin/extended_pedigree.cgi?_vmate_s=MS_CAN_M_475662__21&_vmate_d=MS_CAN_F_679977__21&_association=21

http://www.clrc.ca/memped.shtml

Inbreeding Coefficients and Virtual Mating
(April 11, 2013) CLRC announces that Inbreeding Coefficients are now published on our website for all breeds except Swine. We hope to add Swine in the near future.

Inbreeding Coefficients measure the degree of repeating or common ancestors that exist in the pedigree. Coefficients are measured as a percentage from 0% to 100% or values from 0 to 1. Our website uses percentages. An animal with a coefficient of 0% has no known common ancestors that appear on both the sire and dam side of the pedigree. If you were to breed an animal to its sire or dam, the resulting offspring will have an inbreeding coefficient of at least 25%, depending on the number of other common ancestor lines that might appear in the pedigree.

In addition, CLRC now offers a virtual mating service which will determine the inbreeding coefficient for a proposed mating and display a five generation pedigree and common ancestor list. The virtual mating option appears at the bottom of each animal page and you can select a mate based on member ID number, animal name or registration number. If you select the ID number option, you can select one or more or all animals owned by that member.

Cabanha Santa Isabel - BR

Very good tool.  (clapping) (clapping)
Saw it and liked much, very useful.
I also calculate my inbreeding, but I have on my computer an archive on excell with all registered Shorthorns since 1906 by herd book open. For calculate I use SAS program. But this is online and very goo, making a tree and marking the repeated animals.
Great tool.
Congratulations!
(clapping) (clapping)

Duncraggan

Extremely comprehensive!

I make use of a similar tool in my management software, but it only goes to six generations.  Definitely is a huge help!

Latest posts