Club bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

diamonddls

My daughter has some char c maine buckskin influence cows shes wanting to breed clubby for 4h steers. She was thinking Dakota Gold Nun Better or Renegade Blues.
Whats peoples experience with these bulls? Will the hefuer calves make cows?
Thanks

diamonddls

These are them out of a home raised RedMaine bull and and char cow by Chardel Harvest

Attachments

• IMG_20150201_104408124_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150201_104408124_HDR.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_20150201_104435898_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150201_104435898_HDR.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 243

Gargan

I think all 3 bulls u mentioned could work. Nun better is just starting to have his first crop hit the ground but they are looking promising. If all ur cows are bred similar, I would try all 3 bulls and then make your decision next spring when the calves arrive. Nun better is a th carrier but your cows should be clean with their pedigrees.

jconner2088

Out of those bulls Dakota Gold would be my pick, had some and some of my better calves, really do like em. as far as heifers haven't seen any as cows but  I do like the heifer that we have and they will stay in the herd.

diamonddls

Thanks for the replies. Jconner do u have pics of your hefier? I like the idead of DakotaGold being double clean uust in case my daughter keeps one back. She likes the colored cattle.

jconner2088

I do not have any at the moment but can get some. For a bull that is free i sure like how he breeds. Puts a little color to em but what really like that they come stout and chubby.

OH Showman

I can't say that I'm a big Dakota Gold fan. He does have a place in the industry but I have seen and heard of several calves that haven't turned out. Some haven't had enough hair or were too hard doing/shallow. He is also a rounder hipped bull and I'd say based on the pics it wouldn't hurt to square up the 2nd cow. Nun Better would be a better option for those cows, you are more likely to get a little extra power and substance, center body, and hair. And he could make some cool color patterns. If you wanted to go along the Dakota Gold/THF lines you could try out Run 4 the Roses as Lautner is marketing him as being deeper bodied and squarer hipped than his sire.

Latest posts