Club Calf Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

RON

I have used the Point Taken bull from ABS Global. I had an Angus cow have a  big bull calf with alot of width and thickness. He seem to have a lot of white for a sire who is jet black. I really like the calf and how long and thick he is. Has anyone else got any Point Taken calves?

olsun

The bull is a monkey mouth carrier. Now that I have ruined the thread, I'll add that Ben Kelly had a real nice Point Taken heifer on his sale, and Wayne and Barb Ohlrich had a good pair of bulls on their sale. I would say that if you can live with the monkey mouth, he will produce some good ones.

GoWyo

olsun -- where do you think the monkey mouth is coming from?  The Whiplash side or the Heatseeker?  Could be the Whiplash if he goes back to Cunia?

sunny

We have had several monkey mouth calves out of Heatseeker and Heatseeker daughters, so could be where it comes from, but have had them from many other club calf sires also.  Is monkey mouth a simple recessive trait like TH or PHA, or is it more complicated than that.  We have had some very slight cases and some quite severe.  Anybody know of a clubby bull that is definately not a carrier of monkey mouth?  What about Spastic Paresis, is there a popular clubby bull that is definately not a carrier?  Do we need to have a test to know for sure, and is that in the works anywhere?  Sure would simplify my life, since I'm sure I have a few cows that are carriers of monkey mouth or spastic paresis.  I have been breeding them to angus or simme to avoid problems, but would love to try some clubby bulls on them! :-\