Club Calves (NEBRASKA) Update

Help Support Steer Planet:

wentcattle

Here is a preview of 09 club calves.  Our Calves have been spoken for and are going to Sell on Cory Miller's sale Oct 3th and Dean Sander's on Sept. 20th both in Nebraska.  If you have any questions or want to look at the calves, feel free to stop by.  Load-n-go Calves will be available at Went Cattle in middle of September, we are located within two miles of Sanders.  Check out Cory Millers and Dean Sanders sale info in the showcircuit and pictures coming soon to showsteers.com.  Also be sure to Stop by Wentblacks and Hellbush Cattle Co when in the Area.  We are all located in a 5 mile radius.

Thanks for any interest,
Went Cattle

Pics throughout pages.  

Attachments

• monopoly hannibal.jpg
    monopoly hannibal.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 90
  • heatwave x full flush meyer.jpg
    heatwave x full flush meyer.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 72
  • heatwave 1 out of a johnny cash x business x meyer.jpg
    heatwave 1 out of a johnny cash x business x meyer.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 76
  • carnac x strictly business heifer.jpg
    carnac x strictly business heifer.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 60
  • carnac x business heifer.jpg
    carnac x business heifer.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 55

charlie

I would like to look at the steers or heifers ,what are you asking for them.

herefordfootball

I've got a hannibal cow we are thinking about flushing to monopoly. What kind of cow is your monopoly calf out of, body type and granddams sire. Thanks!!!

wentcattle

herefordfootball said:
I've got a hannibal cow we are thinking about flushing to monopoly. What kind of cow is your monopoly calf out of, body type and granddams sire. Thanks!!!

The cow is really a finer boned cow.  She is extremely freaky fronted and taller framed cow.  We think monopoly is working best on the cows needed some mass and some frame down sizing.  Her granddam is a good maine cow we bought from Went Blacks.

herefordfootball

wentcattle said:
herefordfootball said:

The cow is really a finer boned cow.  She is extremely freaky fronted and taller framed cow.  We think monopoly is working best on the cows needed some mass and some frame down sizing.  Her granddam is a good maine cow we bought from Went Blacks.
Thanks!!! The cow we are thinking of flushing to him is kinda smaller boned, smaller framed, long bodied, kinda tight gutted, pretty thick, but not the best fronted. Thanks for the info!!!
                                                                                                                                                        Chris

olsencattleco

very nice set of calves went. We have a Hannibal donor that we have flushed to Heatwave and Milkman and have had very good success with. We were looking for another bull to use on her and were thinking about monopoly. If i had a complaint on her it would be her bone. She is very moderate for a Hannibal, but has an extremely long neck.

eric

wentcattle

olsencattleco said:
very nice set of calves went. We have a Hannibal donor that we have flushed to Heatwave and Milkman and have had very good success with. We were looking for another bull to use on her and were thinking about monopoly. If i had a complaint on her it would be her bone. She is very moderate for a Hannibal, but has an extremely long neck.

eric

monopoly should work pretty good on her.  We bred monopoly to some business cows and some shorter, bigger boned cows and were not impressed with the calves.

wentcattle

here is more pics

Attachments

• hw x business heifer.jpg
    hw x business heifer.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
  • hw x johnny.jpg
    hw x johnny.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 55
  • mono steer.jpg
    mono steer.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 57
  • monopoly steer.jpg
    monopoly steer.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 56

TMJ Show Cattle

These calves are not raised by someone who knows nothing about club calves. Who are you joshing? The calves look pretty good from picture's. I'm sure you must be kinfolk to RYAN WENT?

wentcattle

TMJ Show Cattle said:
These calves are not raised by someone who knows nothing about club calves. Who are you joshing? The calves look pretty good from picture's. I'm sure you must be kinfolk to RYAN WENT?

Well Ryan Went is my cousin and a lot of our genetics came from his great cow herd he has.  If we are comparing us to his history we are brand new to the business. We just started to breed for steers the last 3 years but have AI'ed for clubby maternal genetics for 15 years.  We sold our heifers every year till like the past 5 years and those are the cows that are producing the calves.  Our neighbor bought a heifer from us and within 2 years he sold a 10,000 carnac steer out of her.  We AI and sell 200 bred heifers every year on top of our cow herd.  We usually just price the top end of the breds and what doesnt sell for what we want we calve out and those are our best producers.  The calves do look good and thats why we put them on here to let people know about us and see if we can get some people to stop by and look.