clubbie bred cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

SteerguyIA

I'm at the point where i'm getting to old to show but i'm really excited to start raising club calves to sale my question is what are the best sires of cows that are nice phenotypically but can still milk and raise a nice calf i'm looking for either more clubbie bulls or maine bulls.
Thanks

AAOK

Of course I'm going to say cows which are at least 50% Maine-Anjou.  (and I suppose if I were looking at only clubbie I would search out WMW cows)

nck21

The Habanero bloodlines make good females, Lifeline, Kadabra, and Laredo. Other maternal Maine sires are Majors Money Man, Calberta Black Impact, and Irish Whiskey.

Sly

only heatwave blood that milk so far that i have seen were actually carnacs. Had two bred heifers that do a good job not good luck with any other for now as far as heatwave stuff IMO

knabe

anyone notice anything unique about heatwave daughters born unassisted that also milk?  is that population below 10?

Downtown Pete

Agree with the others.  WMW cows seem to be the best thing going right now.  Also like Dr. Who's.  Nothing wrong with a real nice Full Flush cow either.  Anybody doing much with Foreplay cows out there?  Some of the better donors I have seen have been Foreplays.

orwell

The cow in my avatar is a foreplay. She is one of te best cows that we have. Her calves come a little small but growgood. The only thing about her is that she doesnt have a lot of milk.

Steer4Caddy

Harwood 209, Northern Improvement (on exotics), Habanero sons except Lifeline (very hard keepers).  Dr. Who, though I've not used him.  Don't get your steer producing cows to clubby.

AAOK

FutureBreeder2013 said:
From what I've learned go with the look that you think will sell or what will be the next big thing.

I agree, but would still recommend your cows be a minimum 50% Maine-Anjou.  We bred and raised a 7/8 Simmental 734 son several years ago, and used him two years on my PB Maine-Anjou cows.  The heifer calves were great for the showring, and ended up as great cows.  The bull calves were really good show steers and "Clubbie" bulls.  This idea also produces calves which can be double registered (just another marketing benefit)

shorthorngirl2010

Downtown Pete said:
Agree with the others.   WMW cows seem to be the best thing going right now.  Also like Dr. Who's.  Nothing wrong with a real nice Full Flush cow either.  Anybody doing much with Foreplay cows out there?  Some of the better donors I have seen have been Foreplays.

If I remember correctly (we'll let him correct me if I'm wrong...) I believe Cowboys avatar is of his Foreplay female.  And lemme tell ya... shes ALLLLL COOOOWWWWW (clapping) (thumbsup)