Clubby Bull to add neck and frame size

Help Support Steer Planet:

Tallcool1

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
Title says it all...have a cow who throws great calves for us, always at the upper end. Only knock on them is they are usually shorter necked and they are very small frame wise. So I am looking into bulls that throw a little more length of neck and maybe knock her up a frame size.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "Frame Size".  By definition, I understand.  Are you trying to add HEIGHT, or MASS?

To me, I really like the long cool neck that Walks Alone seems to throw.  If you had an opportunity to see his mature photos, you can clearly see why he stamps so many of his calves with that trademark!

He will certainly add frame in terms of thickness, but can add in a little shoulder with it.  The steer we have has seemed to "grow into" his shoulder as he has gotten fat.  As far as height, I really don't know.

Good luck with her.  She looks like a really nice cow.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 249

Bradenh

yellow jacket will frame that calf up! not sure how much depth your willing to sacrifice but he fits the thread name very well

chambero

Troubador puts a cool neck on one more than any bull I've ever used.  You'll get a bigger frame than what you would with a HW son.

wyatt

chambero said:
Troubador puts a cool neck on one more than any bull I've ever used.  You'll get a bigger frame than what you would with a HW son.
ive seen a heat wave clone taller than some maternaly bred bulls are

Warrior10

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have been looking into each bull. Troubadour seems to be a popular choice, right now she is bred to Choppin Wood who is a Troubadour son so maybe he will help out a little. Thanks again

wyatt

DCC show cattle said:
ali or one and only.
one and only looked awesome in the mature pictures at stud that someone posted awhile ago he was thick (thumbsup)

DCC show cattle

Rosa told me last year while helpin at Tusas sale that one an only needed to be put on a smaller to moderate framed cow that has some bone. When I mention how one should be bred its because I would try it not because there has been a lot of success with the bull. We've use Ali had champions and throw always but the bull is good they are stout enough real pretty and great fronted. I imagine the one and onlys will follow that patten but be better haired. One and onlys dam is legit

Quick fire

Troubador would NOT work here, he throws no frame into his calves I would be careful, same with CW, he is a little little bull. Milkman would do nice and so would yellow jacket

HeiferShower14

Believe in Me, His calves are freaky fronted and they have some size later down the road.