Clubby Calving Ease Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

zimmer

what are some good caving ease clubby bulls to use on hfrs...have a few simmi hfrs id like to breed clubby

Thanks

Bradenh

Clubby and calving aren't two words to ever be used in the same breath. The lightest calving and smoothest calving clubbys IMO are dirty Harry, Ali, and carney man

Bulldaddy

I think you could add Carpe Diem and Total Solution to that list.  Also, Troubadour based on what I have heard from others including Chambero who posts here regularly.   

jhleonardo

I agree with showstopper its always a gamble when breeding heifers to make club calves. With that said I've had good luck with dirty hairy when used on simangus heifers. All have been around 60-75 lbs. Also have done well with ali

kfacres

Show stopper 95 said:
Clubby and calving aren't two words to ever be used in the same breath. The lightest calving and smoothest calving clubbys IMO are dirty Harry, Ali, and carney man

I was going to say.. this is like walking in a pen of solid white heifers and noting one is darker than the rest... 

but you beat me to it..

go angus

LFFASHOWER

Maybe Drifter he is an Ali son that Thom farms own there website is jkthom.com.Just had a heifer born out of a first timer 70lbs unassisted

SEA

Possum Trot Ranch said:
I think you could add Carpe Diem and Total Solution to that list.  Also, Troubadour based on what I have heard from others including Chambero who posts here regularly.   

Been thinking of trying Carpe Diem on some Hereford x Angus females.  Could someone please give me some actual birthweights and calving experiences when using him on heifers?

Thanks

Mueller Show Cattle

You don't get any easier than Ali with adding Maine into your breeding that is a Maine ingredient (no pun intended) in the clubbies. He is proven plus his calfs gain quick.  <cowboy>

OH Breeder

My first questoin is are these heifers clubby bred? 3 or 4 way cross heifers? Kind of tough to predict what a 3 way cross bull might do with those gals.

With that being said

Ali - tends to follow the female. If the female is outstanding you will get an amazing calf. He is not a "cow changer" in my opiinion.
Dream On
Northern Improvement
Who Made Who- I had good luck x 1 with him. Doesn't mean much. Lots folks use him calving ease.
Total Solution is Who son.
Gizmo is consitent Shorthorn calving ease
Jake's Proud Jazz
Above and Beyond and ton other Red Angus bulls

Jenny

am hoping Simple Math proves safe; Greg said at his sale that he has
had 3 of them and they were all under 75 lbs. each

oakie

We are going to use Grizzly on our heifers this year, we have heard some good reports about this years calf crop

WhoaFlicka

i know you angus guys wont like this but if he wants more of clubby look he defintaly to go to the maines ive used several but like dirty harry    best never have pulled one heifers and they are real go getters when born  <beer>