CO Pasture Pics: Opinions?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RLN Cattle

Thought I would throw up some pasture pictures I took this week.  Kinda rough looking, and had a heck of a time getting decent shots on my own, but was looking for some opinions on this set of calves.  I was thinking about marketing them as county fair calves, would this type fit the bill?  Just getting into the club calf business and any and all remarks are welcome!  Thanks

Red Heifer- Sun Seeker
Blaze Face Heifer- Red Zone
#170 Steer- Sun Seeker
#165 Steer- Eyes On The Money

Attachments

• php6mSymGPM.jpg
    php6mSymGPM.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 125
  • phpziNdVvPM.jpg
    phpziNdVvPM.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 126
  • php2GFCEGPM.jpg
    php2GFCEGPM.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 125
  • phpXhnfKQPM.jpg
    phpXhnfKQPM.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 111
  • php5yG2aGPM.jpg
    php5yG2aGPM.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 109

RLN Cattle

Eyes on the Money steer

Attachments

• phpU8hApZPM.jpg
    phpU8hApZPM.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 111
  • phpwreHMyPM.jpg
    phpwreHMyPM.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 106
J

JTM

That red sunseeker heifer is definitely marketable as a club calf.

RLN Cattle

Im not big enough numbers wise, or quality wise to justify a sale.  Any recommendations on how to market these calves?  I was thinking about throwing up an ad in a local feed stores, vet clinics, sale barns.  Maybe Craigslist or take out an ad in a livestock periodical.  Ideas???

vc

Gargan is on track, find a kid who really wants to show but might be a little pinched for going out and buying a calf from a big sale. The key is to find a kid that will put in the work, this way your calves get out there so people can see them, if they do well you get your name out there, and they will come to you. I would ask a little over market the first go round.

RLN Cattle

I have a couple of good kids in mind that I am going to talk to.  Would $1100 or $1200 be to much to ask for these calves?  Any idea on what the red heifer would be worth? From the sounds of it, a few of you think she has potential and I shouldn't sell her short.