Colic? Hardwares Disease?

Help Support Steer Planet:

herf4ever

The morning while feeding I realized my calf did not want to get up when on any other day he jumps up when someone enters his pen. He did finally get up walked around and then laid right back down, got up again walked in a circle and right back down he kept doing this. Then when he got up a 4th time he started kicking at his stomach with his right back leg and proceeded to move his front feet up and down. It was obvious he was uncomfortable when he walked his balance was off he seemed wobbly he could not walk straight at all. He usually eats right away but the morning he did not have any interest in food he seemed real lethargic. We ran him to the vet his temp was fine, no parasites and he is peeing fine. The dr seems to think it is one of two things colic or hardwares disease. He gave him a shot of banamean(sp?) and he was given half a gallon of mineral oil. His feed has been taken away for the day and he is just getting hay. Oh and the vet also checked him for founder but said its not that. Do you think this could be colic or hardware disease?

shooter4

Those symptoms could lead you to believe it could be a lot of things. If its hardware you will more than likely see some rapid weight loss. the wobbly walking  may be a sign of grass tetany. I may be all wet but those are just a few things I would research. hope I helped a little and best of luck!