Kansas 18-1
Texas 17-2

Common opponents...
Jan 5...    Texas 96  -  Arkansas 85
Jan 23...  Kentucky 101  -  Arkansas 70 

Dec 9...    Kentucky 64  -  UConn 61
Jan 23...  UConn 88  -  Texas 74

Jan 10...  Tennessee 76  -  Kansas 68
Feb 13 & 27... Kentucky Vs. Tennessee (to be played)

the angus111

CM , ITS JUST WARM UP TIME,LETS TALK AT TOURNAMENT TIME.I HAVE SEEN 20 PLUS WIN TEAMS GO DOWN  IN FIRST ROUND.IF UK IS HOT THEY WILL PROBABLY BE THERE.MY TEAM TO WATCH IS BAYLOR,THATS RIGHT THOSE FIGHTING BAPTIST.RUSTY

Davis Shorthorns

Squeek said:
the angus111 said:
my question is how long does Frank Martin stay at K State,if he continues to do well ,he will be a hot commodity.same can be said about  the Wichita State coach, Rusty

A couple times last night I thought Martin was going to strangle one of his players. That guy is a little too intense for me. Clemente is a player I either really liked or thought he was going to lose it for K State. He is really good in transition but took some really bad shots in their half court sets. KState is a dangerous team but I don't see them being a threat to get to Indy in April. If those 2 teams play 10 times I think Texas wins 7 or 8.

I really dont think that it was luck, 3 out of the last 4 times they have played K-State has won.  K-State had a letdown against OSU, but came back against Baylor who was ranked.  K-State is a good team I doubt that Texas would want to see them again in the big 12 championship game. 
EMAW

jason

We are going to have our hands full with Kansas on Sat.  The key to beating them is to shut down Cole.  If Cole is getting the ball in good position under the basket and rebounding, KSU will have a tough time.

Davis Shorthorns said:
Squeek said:
the angus111 said:
my question is how long does Frank Martin stay at K State,if he continues to do well ,he will be a hot commodity.same can be said about  the Wichita State coach, Rusty

A couple times last night I thought Martin was going to strangle one of his players. That guy is a little too intense for me. Clemente is a player I either really liked or thought he was going to lose it for K State. He is really good in transition but took some really bad shots in their half court sets. KState is a dangerous team but I don't see them being a threat to get to Indy in April. If those 2 teams play 10 times I think Texas wins 7 or 8.

I really dont think that it was luck, 3 out of the last 4 times they have played K-State has won.  K-State had a letdown against OSU, but came back against Baylor who was ranked.  K-State is a good team I doubt that Texas would want to see them again in the big 12 championship game. 
EMAW

TJ

CM Cattle said:
UK is about to make it 20- 0 when they beat South Carolina (thumbsup)

Unfortunately, UK couldn't guard Devin Downey.    ;)   Now, 19-1.

Get ranked #1, get a call from the President, make Devin Downey look like the NCAA Player of the Year, and then get beat all within 48 hours.  They needed a humbling, IMHO.  Better now than later. 

shortyjock89

TJ- 100% agree. Also, didn't it look like John Wall didn't give a hoot until the last three minutes? 

nck21

Kentucky was due for a loss. Nice win by K-State at Baylor...now need to carry the momentum and beat the Jayhawks!

jason

nck21 said:
Kentucky was due for a loss. Nice win by K-State at Baylor...now need to carry the momentum and beat the Jayhawks!

I didn't get to see this game either.  I know Baylor with their size is a tough to beat. 

TJ

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
TJ- 100% agree. Also, didn't it look like John Wall didn't give a hoot until the last three minutes? 

Yeah & it looked to me like he wasn't the only one.  Dodson missing a very important uncontested dunk, Bledsoe not going for the dunk & missing, & Patterson, Orton, Harris, & Miller were all pretty much MIA, and on and on and on.  Cousin's did play a pretty decent game, but he wasn't exactly his normal passionate self tonight either.  I also don't think that the ref's did UK any favors, but no team is going to get all the calls & UK didn't deserve to win based on the way that they played, IMHO.   

To South Carolina's credit, they always seem to have one of the rowdier crowds in the SEC for big night games at home, both for Football & Basketball (LSU is maybe the only place rowdier, IMHO).  Plus, Devan Downey is a real talent, who makes lots of players look silly.  South Carolina is not a great team, but Devan Downey is maybe the best unknown player in all of college basketball. 

Kentucky is probably the most talented team in America.  However, Kentucky could also get beat in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney & South Carolina is proof.  Maybe getting schooled by Devan Downey & beat by USC-E will hopefully be a good lesson learned for Kentucky.   

CM Cattle

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I was thinking the same thing, john wall is way over rated.

shortyjock89

I don't necessarily think he's overrated, but he really should try a little harder sometimes.

jason

AAOK said:

Interesting Site.  Be sure to click on;" Read This".  It should be fun to watch this throughout the season.

http://kenpom.com/rate.php?y=2010

OSU - #49
OU - # 93

Kenpom is a great site, I try to check it weekly.  It does a great job of power ranking teams with out a bias.  It had Kansas as the strongest team when they won it all in07- 08 and I believe had UNC 08-09 most of last year.

combine54

Don't overlook Purdue boys and girls (clapping) .....their wins will still count when "down-under" has to forfeit theirs  (argue)