Combing vs. Brushing?

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerkid21

Ok, I know this is kind of a beginner question, but I see people talking about combing and brushing on here all the time.  Is it the same thing? or is it completely different? Should people do both to get the hair they want? Or does one or the other work better?  We have always just used
Sullivan combs, a lot I might add, and gotten plenty of hair.  Just wondering if using a brush would do even more? Thanks

twistedhshowstock

In my opinion yes the comb does more.  I pretty much just use a comb for fitting, at home all the work is done with a rice root.  In my opinion the rice root stimulates the hair follicle more, a stimulated hair follicle typically has better bloodflow, which generally leads to better and healthier hair growth.

rackranch

I agree, I think rice root for daily brushing is the way to go.  Keep your come handy and use it to clean hair out of your brush and to use on tail switch.

AAOK

If you don't completely wear out one Rice Root brush a year per calf, you aren't brushing enough!

Angusboy

steerkid21 said:
Anything Else?
I use combs on the body all the time but i take a roto brush to the legs, it helps a lot, in the time it would take you to brush up the legs with a regular brush for 10 min. the roto brush can do it in 20-30 seconds. When we first got a roto brush we only roto brushed one of the back legs and in 2 weeks there was a major difference. I would suggest a roto brush on the legs 30 min. a day, and you will get great leg hair.