Come see Mercedes Benz in Denver NEW POLL ADDED WANT YOUR INPUT

Help Support Steer Planet:

What is the one thing that you would draw you to a bull display at Denver?

• Total voters

CAB

The bull is what I go for, but who owns him will reflect on whether or not I may try the bull in the end. Brent

Throttle

All that stuff is a draw, but it's the bull that makes people actually stay and look. I go for the free stuff. I like the little nick nacky stuff that can fit in my pocket like a pen, pocketknife, etc. I will not walk past the ones who put out peanuts or candy without stopping, period, but if the first glance at the bull isn't worth the 20 seconds that it took me to get a double handful of peanuts, then I'll eat them while walking to the next.

justme

I'm a curious person...if there is a crowd, I gotta see what there looking at.  Free-bies are good...if you needed them I could have fixed you up!  I sell promotional items also lol.

I've honestly never been to Denver so I can imagine I'd be in awe just checking everything out.

Dusty

I still like Habegers booth last year.  Booze and flyers for his bulls.  That's tough to beat.

knabe

i liked his pic when i received the catalog.  the 3/4 rear shot tells me he's got decent 2ndary sexual characteristics around his front end.  i'd like to see a little more of a blow up doll look around his fore upper rib behind his shoulders.  it might be there, it's just that the pic detracts from it and it's an optical illusion.  he looks like he got tyson's butt, dr. who's neck, ali's front to back thickness.  perhaps he got his arch from the dam.

by the way, the huge straw bed background on snow looks great.

also, the scissors rear leg set looks awesome.  the reason i like that look is it seems to show off or force a little more flexion in the pasterns.

TJ

You left out the #1 opiton, IMHO... having Knabe stand in your display area & talk to everyone about the animal!  ;) 

cowman

wscc said:
I thought i might post a picture of Mercedes Benz so that you could see what he was looking like before you come to Denver. We are very excited about this ALI X Doctor Who son.

WOW, he really doesn't suck. I'm not so worried about the price of Ali semen anymore. Nice bull.

Cowman

wscc

Just wanted to say thanks to all who took the poll, it was interesting people's diff perspectives

WSCC
Eric Walker

tadpole

WSCC,
Hey I was just wondering what the birthweight was on this bull.  I really like the looks of him alot and was wondering how easy he calved himself.  I am always looking for bulls to breed to heifers and was just wondering if he would be a heifer bull or not so much. Thanks!

wscc

Tadpole,  Benz's actual birthweight was 81lbs. We feel he will be a great BW bull. His pedigree stacks it up for birth weight ease with the ALI over the Doctor Who. He is extremely powerful with a cool look and smooth front end, but what i like best is the soundness of his structure and still put all of those peices together. He is a High % Maine that is PHA and TH Free. If you are in Denver come by and see him. We are also taking him to Ft. Worth and trying to decide about the Iowa Beef Expo.

tadpole

If you decide to take him to the Iowa Beef Expo let me no when he will be there.  As long as the heifers behave and calve when they are suppost to I would drive down and see him. 

CJC

A friend of mine is in Denver. I ask him too look at him for me and all other display bulls.

amymeys

wscc said:
I thought i might post a picture of Mercedes Benz so that you could see what he was looking like before you come to Denver. We are very excited about this ALI X Doctor Who son.
Nice looking bull, a friend of mine is going to Denver, I'll have him stop and check him out in person!

farwest

Sure wscc is in denver with the bull, but can anyone else tell me who raised the bull of of what sale

nck21

What is his frame size? I am thinking about using him on what will be a 2nd calf heifer. She's 5/8 Maine out of Laredo, a Habanero son. She's pretty large framed. Thinking of using mercedes or dirty harry.

BIGTEX

wscc said:
Tadpole,  Benz's actual birthweight was 81lbs. We feel he will be a great BW bull. His pedigree stacks it up for birth weight ease with the ALI over the Doctor Who. He is extremely powerful with a cool look and smooth front end, but what i like best is the soundness of his structure and still put all of those peices together. He is a High % Maine that is PHA and TH Free. If you are in Denver come by and see him. We are also taking him to Ft. Worth and trying to decide about the Iowa Beef Expo.

When will be in Ft. Worth? I would love to check him out!