Conclusion-Best Meyer 734 x Angus bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

SEA

May Issue of The Livestock Plus, Inc Magazine.  Page 10, top page, black and white photo.  1/2 Simmental-1/2 Angus bull.

Sire: Meyer 734 
MGS:  Finks 5522-6148 x GDAR SVF Forever Lady 214D by Traveler 124 GDAR
Owners:  Gib Yardley, Utah and Dave Dillago, Tulelake CA

Has anyone out there seen this bull in person or his calves.  Do you know Dave Dillabo?  He has calves and at least yearlys on the ground that are supose to be great!  He has been in California until this winter.

I have been told that he looks AWESOME and could be "The Best Meyer 734 Half Blood" going!

He is being collected by Doug Coombs at Hoffman AI in Logan, Utah (to far away for me a Sunday drive).  However, maybe someone else lives out West in that neck of the woods that has seen him.

Please give me your opinions.

Thanks,

Telos

I have not seen the bull but also saw the ad and was curious. Sure looked like a good bull in the picture.

ploughshare

vet tech said:
can anybody post a pic?

From the Yardley website.  My opinion is that he should be sampled if you are looking for a meyer son to use this year.

concunsion-3.jpg

http://www.yardleycattleco.com/ourherdsires.html

TMJ Show Cattle

Haven't seen any calves from this critter,but knowing Gib Yardley he works pretty good or he will be selling him.I think as far as phenotype,he is far and away the best looking Meyer halfblood That I've ever seen. Don't make him a great breeder though,but hopefully he will.

vet tech

Thanks for the pic Glenstory!! I think he looks great! Anybody know his frame score?

beefy

i have run gib yardley's bulls exclusivly since 1995. i know the man and the family. he has used some sons and sold a bunch of them and when he promotes one you can beleive that they are the real deal. an honest family you can beleive what they say. i beleive he has one of the best herds a cows around. and when you sort his bulls at a sale its mighty hard cause they are all awesome cattle that just flat work i have seen this bull and he is flat out AWESOME!    <cowboy>

vet tech

Beefy what does his dam look like? Also thanks for the info. ;)

beefy

i dont know what the dam is i have just seen the bull at gibs this spring and he is the best meyer half blood i have seen. not a hole in him ! you couldnt stamp them out any better than him.    <cowboy>

N2ShowN

I too saw the Ad and really liked the bull.  Just so happened that later that morning I ran into Dave online and asked him about the bull.  He said the bull was working real well on Angus and Sim/Angus cows.  I asked him to put me on the calf picture list and he said he would.  Will let you all know when I see some.

Lance

cowman

OMG...I've been cloned...there is now a cowman2!!! Is this like Who 2??  (lol) (welcome) (clapping)

SEA

Gib and Dave need a full page color ad in the Show Circuit, (although the ad should have been in the last two months).

Also, they should send some semen to SEK, so we can get at some.

ploughshare

cowman said:
OMG...I've been cloned...there is now a cowman2!!! Is this like Who 2??  (lol) (welcome) (clapping)

When Cowman 6 comes along we will all be impressed!  ;D