Congrats to JIT !!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

finally got mine!  and just let me say, i appreciate the pic of grant next to leroy...i just assumed him to be much taller/bigger/framey-er (not a word i know, and im talking about the bull not grant!)........so having that reference point, and putting his size into perspective, makes me like this bull even more!!!  and im even more excited about the two heifers i have out of him!  now if they (semen distributor) would just collect him again i'd be using him on some of my cows! 

justintime

linnettejane said:
finally got mine!  and just let me say, i appreciate the pic of grant next to leroy...i just assumed him to be much taller/bigger/framey-er (not a word i know, and im talking about the bull not grant!)........so having that reference point, and putting his size into perspective, makes me like this bull even more!!!  and im even more excited about the two heifers i have out of him!  now if they (semen distributor) would just collect him again i'd be using him on some of my cows! 

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I was as surprised as anyone, when SC asked me if they could do an article on our operation. All the pictures were taken 2 or 3 days after the cows had been put on pasture, so they are still not fully shed out. Even a couple weeks later, they looked much better. I know I am just being a little picky as they are not that bad.

Linnettejane ... I also like the picture of Leroy, but it does not show his body mass and thickness very well. It does show his frame though. We are always amazed when we weigh Leroy as we always think the scale has gone goofy. The last time we weighed him, was in April 2009, when he weighed 2740 lbs, right off the trailer and a 70 mile haul. He was wintered on grass hay only as he gets too fat if he even gets the best hay we have. The picture in our ad shows his thickness a little better, but it is a front shot. He is definitely wide based.

sue

You can ad FRAME Y ER to your blog... linnette it could work.

Davis Shorthorns

linnettejane said:

DIDO!!  After seeing that pict I like him alot more.  The bull not grant.  ;D

LostFarmer

Wonder about Leroy on some Hereford Angus and SimAngus mother cows.  ;D  I like what I am seeing. 

Nice article as well. 

linnettejane

justintime said:
linnettejane said:

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I was as surprised as anyone, when SC asked me if they could do an article on our operation. All the pictures were taken 2 or 3 days after the cows had been put on pasture, so they are still not fully shed out. Even a couple weeks later, they looked much better. I know I am just being a little picky as they are not that bad.

Linnettejane ... I also like the picture of Leroy, but it does not show his body mass and thickness very well. It does show his frame though. We are always amazed when we weigh Leroy as we always think the scale has gone goofy. The last time we weighed him, was in April 2009, when he weighed 2740 lbs, right off the trailer and a 70 mile haul. He was wintered on grass hay only as he gets too fat if he even gets the best hay we have. The picture in our ad shows his thickness a little better, but it is a front shot. He is definitely wide based.

well grant...the only problem i have with my leroy heifers is just what you mentioned about the bull himself...im constantly worrying about them getting too fat, and i dont like to stuff my heifers...they are extremely easy keeping...they just look at grain and gain 50 lbs...i do appreciate how easy they are on the feed bill! 

Hilltop

That is something to be proud of. Awesome!!!Read it last night when I came in from baling and the wind is blowing a little this am so have to make this short but CONGRATS on everything you and your family have accomplished in this great breed. Gary,Kim, and Sadie Lou

Shady Lane

Congratulations to the HC team!

That was a great article and summed up the operation quite well.

I had the chance to visit the Alexander family last weekend, the cattle looked great as usual.

One thing I like about this article is that they included a picture of Touchdown on pasture, but that could just be my personal bias slipping in.

(clapping)

jason

Shady Lane said:
Hmmm, didn't work for me for some reason. Just took me to the steerplanet home page?

i fixed it shortly after I posted it, you must have clicked it before it was fixed

justintime

Thanks again to everyone who has given all the nice comments on SP and also to those who sent emails. It has been a bit overwhelming to say the least, and I want to say that your comments are most appreciated. Grant