Congratulations to the Agribition winners 2011

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

Just thought I would post a huge congratulations to Dixon Farms for the Grand Champion female by Pure Solution and to Shady Lane Shorthorns with the Grand Champion bull by HC Timeline 17T

vanridge

Really wish we could be there to see them in person!!! Too much work to do at home though... :'( We hope to take the 4-H club again next year for a couple of days. The kids are already talking about it and raising funds for the trip!

mark tenenbaum

I thought someone in Canada either has semen for sale or took him up there. I saw him after breeding season-he was a very impressive individual-huge butt-quite a bit of performance etc. When Tim had him at Louiseville the second time he had been out with the cows and came up lame. When I saw him a year later-he was fine. He would probably be a purebred up there too-he just keeps catching my eye-but seems to hae disappeared. O0

uluru

Mark
RK Cattle Company in Ontario has semen on him in Canada and has used him extensively.
Sandy Reid runs the RK Cattle side of things there.

thunderdownunder

jaimiediamond said:
Just thought I would post a huge congratulations to Dixon Farms for the Grand Champion female by Pure Solution and to Shady Lane Shorthorns with the Grand Champion bull by HC Timeline 17T

I echo these sentiments... well done to all exhibitors and congratulations to the big winners, sounds like it was an awesome showing  (clapping) <beer>

jaimiediamond

Attachments

• shady lane.jpg
    shady lane.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 310
  • dixon farms.jpg
    dixon farms.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 286

justintime

Thanks Jaimie for posting the pics of the Agribition Champs. It was a great show in every respect. Interest in Shorthorn bulls was excellent. I had 6 inquiries for white Shorthorn bulls  from guys wanting to use them on black cows.  All breeds had great shows and sales. There were some super cattle of all breeds out for the Beef Supreme last night. The atmosphere at Agribition is always good but this year it was great. I came home very tired..... but it was a very good tired!  Now to start planning for next year!

jaimiediamond

thunderdownunder said:
Thanks for posting that link Jaimie... have just successfully wasted some valuable sleeping time! :p

It has always been my goal to figure out ways to waste your sleeping time! We have previously discussed sleep is for the weak I am just making you stronger now  <beer>

Okotoks

The Champions were great representatives for the breed. The depth of quality in the classes and the wide selection in bloodlines was really impressive. (thumbsup)

thunderdownunder

jaimiediamond said:
thunderdownunder said:
Thanks for posting that link Jaimie... have just successfully wasted some valuable sleeping time! :p

It has always been my goal to figure out ways to waste your sleeping time! We have previously discussed sleep is for the weak I am just making you stronger now  <beer>

Haha thanks, you're all heart! I've always thought sleep was rather a waste of good drinking time anyway :p  <beer>

SRC

The TXF Peggie heifer of hunts was an absolute rip. got totally rolled.

justintime

SRC said:

I agree 100% . She is owned by Jim Murray and Helen Hawke from Ontario. IMO, she was a contender for being one of the Champions. The judge said she did not stride well. I'm not sure what he saw, as I( along with many other people) felt she was one of the best walking females in the class. I fully expect she will be walking great as a 12 year old cow when some of the others won't be. She is an awesome female and did not deserve to be stuck in 3rd hole IMO. But then, when she is in 3rd, she doesn't cause any more hard decisons when the Championship classes arrive!!
I heard more about this placing than any others in the show. Many felt she could have won the entire show. The Champion female of Dixon's was an excellent beast, but the Reserve female could have fit inside the Peggy heifer. IMO, we need many more females like this Peggy heifer... she is flat out awesome!

Hilltop

SRC said:
I also agree she did not deserve to be in 3rd hole. She looked 10 times better than she did when Jim and the kids came out in July with her.
I told Jim he could leave the no good %@(&^ in Sk if he wanted. Hope you know I was just bugging.
You could still send her if she gets in your way LOL

Latest posts