Copyewrite?

Help Support Steer Planet:

GoWyo

Saw 2 at a recent sale.  They were out of clubby cows - not sure of pedigree.  They were nice calves.  Smooth and sound.  Maybe not as thick as some of the Bleeding Purple, Tyson and Sunseeker calves that were also there, but they were nice calves.  One sold for $1900 (IIRC) and the other was around $1100 or 1200, which was about where the mid-range calves in this sale went.

PRO

I am still amazed at how strongly he has been promoted..........and this is the first time I have seen anyone write or show a picture of his offspring.  I would like to see some calves and here more reports.  I know that several cows in Deiter Bros. Dispersal were carrying his service.  Anyone seen any of those?  I am curious because I have some Deiter bred cows.

Vacanballs

Only had one this fall out of an Ace in the Hole x About time heifer.. Very pretty heifer calf.. wish she was a little thinker and bigger boned.. but shes angus soo.. really cant expect much in that department.. I will be keeping her as a replacement and I am pretty picky.. so id say shes pretty good

Chap

i had a few out of Deiter ChiAngus cows.  Kept a bull out of an Ace daughter, he is made very well. came really small and is very moderate.  Kept a heifer bred the same way.  She is very sound and easy keeping, wish she was stouter.  decent cattle, big ribbed and smooth, need more bone, but they have adequate thickness.  He will not add hair, but they should be maternal in nature and they came with no difficulty.

nck21

Yes he is small framed. He downsizes cows at least with the two I had. They were both out of first calf heifers and I am keeping the one as a clean up bull on my commercial cows. He actually has a lot of muscle but I would like to see him taller.

Show Heifer

He is actually much larger than most clubbie bulls....  but yes, he is pretty small framed for an angus.
I liked my calves out of him. They pretty much followed the pattern of the cow they were out of. The large cow had a large calf that grew and weaned off at 670 no creep, and scored a 6.4 frame score.  The smallest cow I used him one had a very small calf, that also grew but stayed pretty small. Very stylish and hairy.
I will be interested to hear/see how the calves finish out and cut out.... he himself have awesome carcass numbers.

Steer4Caddy

He should have some good calves.  If you want some added power, consider this bull.  He is OCC Eureka X Full Sister to OCC Freestyle.  We have calved a set of clubby type heifers with no trouble at about 62 lb. average.  He has more power bred into him from Eureka and more style.  Consider he is pictured as a six year old and had been on cows and grass.

Attachments

• Nix 310  Good Pic.jpg
    Nix 310 Good Pic.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 222