Corking a steer!

Help Support Steer Planet:

rjb

Well more than a month ago we won our county fair pretty handily. Well the morning we went into the fair the steer developed a urinary track infection. We planned on selling him on the sale since my daughter couldn't show at state fair so we didn't give him any drugs because of withdraws. Well anyhow long story short we are getting accused of corking the steer because he was dribbling piss. I have the vet and butcher to back us. But in reality is that really even possible to even do that to a steer?! I'm just getting tired of everyone taking sh*t behind out back and I know that 95% of is jealously but still it's getting old!! Thanks

knabe

Tell them you use real cork oak instead of the composite material and it isnt quite as tight fitting and uncomfortable to the steer. It give a stouter look. The fair board only sells the composites.

rjb

Lmao!!!! We've already decided next years steer's name is going to be corky!!!!!

BTDT

My first was response was to tell you to tell them to go to where people want ice water, but then I got to thinkin...
Tell them yep, you did, and you would like to share the talent with them using them as the demonstrator.
Show them a rather large wine cork, then put it in a CIDR gun and lube it up, and then tell them to open their zipper.
Get ready, for a Kodak moment!!!

You might also tell them that if you did stop the urine flow of an animal, it would get sick, uncomfortable within 24 hours... so doubtful it happened.

rjb

It does nothing! It would do more harm than good. But because of human nature people want to believe in what they hear! If we would've "corked" that steer he would've been kicking his pecker and pissed of instead he was hurting badly an didn't want to move which my 10 yr old daughter felt horrible for! Jeslously showed its ugly head and I guess just something will deal with for the next 15 yrs with all my girls.....that's to bad cause I've taught my kids hard work pays off!

vc

Well you must be doing something right if they are accusing you of cheating, win next year and wait  andt hear how you cheated to do it. You did not cheat, you know it, people are always going to make crud up, so laugh at their stupidity and go back next year and do it again.

justintime

vc said:
Well you must be doing something right if they are accusing you of cheating, win next year and wait  andt hear how you cheated to do it. You did not cheat, you know it, people are always going to make crud up, so laugh at their stupidity and go back next year and do it again.

I used to let things like this bother me, but came to the conclusion years ago, that if your competitors are talking about you, you must be doing something right!  I have no idea why people are so petty and they certainly are not showing their kids anything good about how to compete and win/ lose with a little class.
Accusing you of corking your steer tells you exactly how misinformed and ridiculous they actually are. The unfortunate part is that there are others who probably know what they are talking about.

vc

You will find the people who make most the crud up, are the ones who do not put in the work with their animals, it is easier to claim someone cheated, than it is to admit that they did not do all that they could to have their animals at their best. These are the same people who will push for rule changes to "level the playing field" I would not let their pettiness ruin your success. Laugh it off name next years steer "Corky".

knabe

vc said:
These are the same people who will push for rule changes to "level the playing field" I would not let their pettiness ruin your success.

Also the same one's who promote victimhood, subsidies later in life.

Somehow these childrens programs have morphed into teaching kids and their parents that the remedy for disparity in skill is redistribution of wealth and dumbing down educatuion so that everyone is middle class, but the end result is shared misery and lines for potatoes, toilet paper and health care.