Cotton Mouth or Troubadour

Help Support Steer Planet:

orangepete33

Got my first Cotton mouths' in the last four days.  This bull will work well.  Have had herefords and black cows bred and the all have had them, the biggest was 88 lbs.  Three black mots and four herefords.  Very sound, HAIRY, loose hided and stout.  They are having to be put up in the heat of the day so far, because they are haired really well.  The blacks only have white on there heads and no where else, which is great because the cows are maine/angus and have colored some up inthe past.  I used in many scenarios and so far,so good.  Charolais and shorthorns will be coming any day.  Troubador is working great also.  He was used on 7/8 charolais and look great.  I have several heatwaves and invincibles and both of these sires are more than holding their own. Time will tell, but I think both bulls will be making more noise than ever after this first calf crop.  Word is that Kris has flushed some of his better herfs to Cottonmouth, and Collins have used both bulls this fall.  I saw Cottonmouth Four weeks ago at Meffords' and he is a Beast.  He looks better now than when he was a yearling.   

orangepete33

CJC said:
Any calves yet and if so what do they work best on?
The calves look really good.  I used him on h2 and grand slam daughters.  Out of seven, six are bulls.  All of the grand slams are marked perfectly.  The H2 are really nice but won't classify hereford but they will make a really nice simmy or aob.  I even got a charolais bred to him and it came out a really nice grey baldy.  He really put some bone in the calves and they are real soggy looking as babies so far.  They are all really sound.  They have really kept on coming so far and continue to get better where some of the others have gotten stagy at this point.  But they always do this time of year. 

herf96

So, what size and type of hereford cow does he work best on.  Moderate, large frame, do they need to be marked correctly?  Purebreds seem to mark them better?