Cough Medicine

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

is there anything out that actually stops the cough. I have the cough from hell right now (EVERY 5 SECONDS) and it's starting to get to me  :'(

feels like my ribs are about to explode

RSC

zach said:
is there anything out that actually stops the cough. I have the cough from hell right now (EVERY 5 SECONDS) and it's starting to get to me  :'(
I've had a nasty one too.  The wife bought TheraFlu Warming Relief- Severe Cold and Cough and it's seems to be getting it done!  There's a Daytime and a Night Time!

Tony

Cowboy

When I was young, dumber, and much braver -- this used towork forme. I have long since quit this method for obvious reasons --

Equal parts -

Southern Comfort
Vermooth
150 Everclear

Light on fire for 5 seconds -- inhale in one gulp. Hold your breath for 10 seconds to prevent any chance of recurring FIRE, and go to sleep. Of course, you really don't have to try to go to sleep as this will knock you out any way!!!

Back in the days as they say --

(thumbsup)

Terry

AAOK

If it's in your throat, try gargling white vinegar.  If the cough is from down in your chest, you need some antibiotics.  If you're one of those who won't go the the doctor, try a teaspoon of LA 200 for about 5  days.

KPSC

BEEN THERE JUST GOT OVER SIMILAR COLD. TRY DELSYM COUGH MEDICINE OR EVEN HONEY. GOOD LUCK, HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

cowz

I have been fighting the upper respitory crud since my crew picked it up at national western and then passed it around the family.  I am very stubborn, but finally had to go to the doc after a month of hacking, bronchitis, wheezing and laringitis. 

Go to the doc, ask for Zithromax and codeine cough syrup.  Do not drive or take a school test while under the influence of the codeine.  It makes you a mellow fellow and kills the cough.  Hope you feel better soon.

farmboy

cowz said:
I have been fighting the upper respitory crud since my crew picked it up at national western and then passed it around the family.   I am very stubborn, but finally had to go to the doc after a month of hacking, bronchitis, wheezing and laringitis.   

Go to the doc, ask for Zithromax and codeine cough syrup.   Do not drive or take a school test while under the influence of the codeine.  It makes you a mellow fellow and kills the cough.  Hope you feel better soon.

OGT is next week

aka ohio graduation test

i've had bronchitis before and that is not fun. basically hurts to breathe, cough. terrible stuff

linnettejane

zach...ive got the same thing...down to one lung here...coughed the other up the other day...

i call it the tri-state region crud....mine started about a week ago...about the time the weather channel reported a peak in the pollen count for our area...

cattlejunky

stay on top of that cough!  this is a good time to get pnemonia!  if you can get a nebulizer that would work wonders.  we have one here and everytime someone gets a bad cough we break it out.  if puts of a albuterol mist that breaks the mucus up.  you can also get guisenifen syrup it also works well.

Camo

Its called Buckleys and the pharmacy will get it for you, the tast is not the best but it does kill the cough.

OH Breeder

zach,

have you had a fever? Do your sinus's drain at night? When did the cough start and how long have you had it? If you do not have any fever not likely infection yet. If you have an issue with your sinuses draining then you could very well have congestion which can cause issues with infection down the road. Clariton over the counter if you have never had an issue with antihistamines and then a cough suppressant. If you have lots of mucus, then an expectorant might be due. If you feel congested you can also use the new drug for mucus that breaks it up. No abnormal air sounds when you take in a deep breath like a whistle or a wheezing sound?

klintdog

red said:
rub vicks on throat & chest at night. Drink hot tea w/ lemon & honey.

Red

If the cough is keeping you from sleeping, but a good amount of Vicks on your feet as well and then cover them with socks. Dumbest thing I've heard, but my wife made me do it and it works like a charm.

linnettejane

klintdog said:
red said:
rub vicks on throat & chest at night. Drink hot tea w/ lemon & honey.

Red

If the cough is keeping you from sleeping, but a good amount of Vicks on your feet as well and then cover them with socks. Dumbest thing I've heard, but my wife made me do it and it works like a charm.

that does work...i have done that on my little one before....strange, yes....but im a believer....

farmboy

i had a fever about all last week but it's gone now, no mucus. just annoying spot in my throat keeps me coughing. its about done now