county fair weight

Help Support Steer Planet:

smo

do you think a steer that is 1200lbs can run at a small county fair i think he looks the part to get it done but im worried about the weight. jerry mcpeaks the judge

Tallcool1

smo said:
do you think a steer that is 1200lbs can run at a small county fair i think he looks the part to get it done but im worried about the weight. jerry mcpeaks the judge

There are certainly lots of factors and it's a pretty simple question you are asking.

IF and only IF he is fat, I would say he has a shot.  If he isn't fat I would say no.

I would sure do whatever I could to get him to weigh as heavy as I could.  Send vc a PM and ask for advice to get an extra 35-50 pounds at weigh in. He's got a pretty good process for that...I'm gonna use it. But direct it at vc because its his plan and he can design a specific plan of attack for this steer.

Good luck!

DLD

smo said:

If he likes him best, he'll use him.  I don't believe 1200 will bother him at all.