County show

Help Support Steer Planet:

rrblack78

So proud of my younger son. We had to twist his arm to get him to show a calf but he got second in his class and fourth overall out of 44 heifers in a very competive show. Working on getting a picture up. (clapping)

rrblack78

Didnt do as well with our steer. 13th in the champion drive of 24 steers. Poor thing just gave up on us about a week before Houston. I'm the most proud of my boys for doing so well in showmanship. Older one got champion of senior showmanship and the younger on got reserve junior showmanship.

Tallcool1

Congratulations!!  That is just fantastic that you had to nudge one of the kids to participate and he ended up doing well!

I really don't know anything about the "American" cattle (I believe that's the right term), so I am not qualified to comment on the picture.  Don't take that to mean I don't like the calf...I just don't know.

Great Job!

rrblack78

Thank you!!! He is not new to showing. He has had pigs and broilers for years. He was scared of calves. My older sons heifer hit him in the face last year. This calf is our baby. We just love her. The first one to lead her was my 6 year old. We know she has some issues as far as show calves go but our show is a replacement heifer show. The American breeds tend to do a little better here in shows because a lot of our county shows are like that. The judge told us after the show that she is one of the best beefmaster he has ever seen. The only things he would change is she was a little too fat and it made a fat pocket on her back and she had a little too much navel.