County Steers: opinions wanted

Help Support Steer Planet:

katie_k

Hey everyone i would love some opinions on my county steers! Our show isnt super competitive or huge but i was just wondering what others thought. Thanks a lot! The blue is a shorthorn simmi cross and the black is 7/8ths simmi.  I dont have current weights for either of them but the solid is a smaller bodied steer, not as tall as the blue. THanks again!

Attachments

• 100_6305.JPG
    100_6305.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 256
  • 100_6318.JPG
    100_6318.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 258

vc

I do not know when your fair is but I would really start working the hair on both steers, the black is a coarser looking steer, who needs to be softened up some, I would definitely get him on some stabilized rice bran, beetpulp and/or coarse hay to fill that middle in. The roan steer is a little softer looking but breaks a little at the shoulder, I would probably do the same with him as the black calf. They both could have used a little more power and hind quarter but we can't change that now. Work the hair (that will help the black look a little softer) get them on a finish ration, (more fat, less protien) they need some finish on them.