Critical Mass "New Bull"

Help Support Steer Planet:

NSF

Trading Paint said:
Does anyone else wonder why Mr. Videographer himself has not posted a video of this straight legged beast?  

while he might have some things i'm not wild about, someone who calls this calf a "straight legged beast" needs to reevaluate how much set they want in a leg...

Brad, are you guys going to have him at IBE?

Trading Paint

jbh said:
ranch4profit said:
Where is the link to the video of this bull? Figured with JBH being an owner there would be a video before a pic.... didnt think you took pictures anymore <cowboy>
Question for JBH why do you have the picture in black and white? Why wasnt the bull in Denver with the rest of the new bulls?

The bull has been at John Pluths in Estherville being cared for, which is about 5 hours from me.  Goretska was supposed to clip him for Denver the day we got a foot of snow, and they couldn't get him down here to clip.  He was just barely fat enough to go to Denver anyway, and on top of all that I got really sick and wanted to die!  So we punted.

Why b & w?......It just looks better to me, and it's DIFFERENT.....the bright yellow color of the straw took away from the bull, and the exposure wasn't as perfect as I would have liked.  You can't tell it in black and white as much. I'm TRYING to post the color pic, but can't get it to upload.....
I didn't see any empty display stalls in Denver.  Who got your stall?  Seems to me that plenty of people from the same area as you got to Denver just fine.  Why wasn't he fat enuf? 

chiangus

Trading Paint said:
jbh said:
ranch4profit said:
Where is the link to the video of this bull? Figured with JBH being an owner there would be a video before a pic.... didnt think you took pictures anymore <cowboy>
Question for JBH why do you have the picture in black and white? Why wasnt the bull in Denver with the rest of the new bulls?

The bull has been at John Pluths in Estherville being cared for, which is about 5 hours from me.  Goretska was supposed to clip him for Denver the day we got a foot of snow, and they couldn't get him down here to clip.  He was just barely fat enough to go to Denver anyway, and on top of all that I got really sick and wanted to die!  So we punted.

Why b & w?......It just looks better to me, and it's DIFFERENT.....the bright yellow color of the straw took away from the bull, and the exposure wasn't as perfect as I would have liked.  You can't tell it in black and white as much. I'm TRYING to post the color pic, but can't get it to upload.....
I didn't see any empty display stalls in Denver.  Who got your stall?  Seems to me that plenty of people from the same area as you got to Denver just fine.  Why wasn't he fat enuf? 

What are you trying insinuate??  He clearly posted that weather was a problem, along with being sick.  What else do you want him to say?

mooch

We seem to have a couple sons of "Richard Head"  on this site lately.

frostback

Trading Paint said:
jbh said:
ranch4profit said:

Ya know if you dont like the bull,,,,,Dont use him.
If you dont like the man ,,,,,,,Dont buy from him. But coming on here and arousing suspicions on everything he has done is just juvenile.
Why dont use post all the photos and itinerary of the bulls you have promoted so we can see and compair how it is done.

And yes there were empty stalls at Denver. You were not the only one who went to Denver on here.

tadpole

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that he probably wasnt fat enough for denver in order to keep him in shape so he will freeze semen this spring.  Whats the point in taking a fat bull out to denver, spending all the money promoting him, to take him to stud this spring to find out that the bull wont freeze because he is brunt out from being pushed so hard... doesnt sound like a real money maker to me.  

Why is it that so many of the bulls from denver every year dont freeze?  Maybe because they are over fat, brunt out, and stressed out from being pushed so hard from the fall sales to get to denver... and then being taken to stud two weeks after denver to try and make him freeze semen when alot of the bulls are only ten or eleven months old.  If you ask me I think Brad was better off not pushing the bull or stressing him tryin to get him ready for denver.  Leave him at home and let him go about his daily routine.  I know every yearling bull that we have raised has always semen checked great and settled all the cows... maybe its because he isnt fat, stressed, or been hauled clear across the united states a couple of times.  How many of you have raised your own bulls and had the check out well every spring?  I know pretty much everyone from our area has.

With all that said this bull does have a place in the club calf world.  I saw the calf as a baby and he was my favorite calf that i saw all fall.  I wish hook, bdubs and the boys from jbr, and the other owners the best of luck with him.