custom fitting fees

Help Support Steer Planet:

RedCowsRule

I have been asked to get a few animals ready for NAILE by a breeder/friend that doesn't have much experience getting them ready. Any ideas on the going rates for daily care and housing before the show as well as during the show?

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

100 a day if i work them not at my place usually part of the actual show trip where i travel with the cattle and take care of everything. i dont pay for any supplies and expect to pay for nothing except my smokes and a beer or two but never get drunk or drink where the cattle are. I am there to work and expect to have everything i need to make the cattle be their best. Keep in mind just because people are paying you they will sometimes expect you to work miracles in 5 days so i am always honest on how their cattle look, and do not work cattle that have not been taken care of.

now if people want me to keep one at my house it is gonna be 125 a week at my place plus feed and i pick the feed Purina fitters edge, winning fill, vitaferm sure champ, beet pulp, and rice bran meal.

ROAD WARRIOR

It's been a few years since I have taken any "outside" cattle. Here is what I charges a few years ago - $10.00 a day per head at home plus feed. I also charged for halter breaking, hoof trimming, clipping, vet expences, etc. At the show I charged $50 a day per head plus feed except for show day which was $100.00 plus feed. Transportation costs and hotels were prorated on all cattle. This was kind of a base that I used. Make sure that you that you cover your expenses plus make a little money unless you are just needing the experience. RW