Daily Hair Care Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowCalves2010

I'm fairly new to this and am wondering what the difference is between Zoom Bloom and Clean Sheen, if there is any....I already use Clean Sheen daily, but does anyone on here use both?  Any general tips on daily hair care are also welcome and appreciated.

simmyman67

Zoom Bloom is really a show day product. I use it on the body. Kleen Sheen is a daily hair care product. I wouldn't use Zoom Bloom daily.

rackranch

X2, for daily hair care go to Wal-Mart and buy some Infusium leave in conditioner and a spray bottle.  Mix up about 75% kleen sheen with 25% infusium.  blow in or just spray in after rinsing and brush...

simmyman67 said:
Zoom Bloom is really a show day product. I use it on the body. Kleen Sheen is a daily hair care product. I wouldn't use Zoom Bloom daily.

simmyman67

I actually mix seventy percent zoom bloom and twenty five percent double dip.

Moezmom

My husband had steers 20+ years ago and they would use cheap conditioner(without shampooing) every night, rinse well and blow and comb them out.  He has asked why these new products are better.Can someone please give me an answer for him?!?

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

I difference is the Oil content, zoombloom is a show day product hat has loads of oil compared to the more water based kleen sheen. In 95 degree heat you probly dont wanna be using the zoombloom as it will burn the hair right off. Double dip is nothing more than vinegar, just mix infusion 4 tbs and vinegar 8oz cup in a 5 gallon bucket of water and dip the tail, then pour the rest over the body. Blow dry for best results.
<rock>

twistedhshowstock

Moezmom said:
My husband had steers 20+ years ago and they would use cheap conditioner(without shampooing) every night, rinse well and blow and comb them out.  He has asked why these new products are better.Can someone please give me an answer for him?!?

Kleen Sheen is really nothing more than cheap conditioner in a different form...meant to be left in and you dont have to wash it out.  Cheap conditioners can actually get pretty heavy which is not good for hair.  Everyone harps on how the heavy stuff isnt good in summer, the really heavy stuff isnt good to be left in anytime in my opinion but that is just me.  My favorite mix is a little vinegar, mane n tail, fly dope, and water in a bucket...dip the tail and poor it over em and let em drip...also put some in a spray bottle to get the belly and legs good if you have a calf that wont let you splash em with bucket

Moezmom

Thanks for the explanation!!  So much has changed (but not as much as I expected) with show cattle since my husband was involved we are almost like newbies now that our daughter has started showing.  This  website is such a wealth of information.  Thank you for sharing.  :)