Damn Proud bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jacob B

I got to see the Damn Proud bull in KY earlier and was just wondering what some of you thought about how he stacked up to the others out there on display in Denver.  I liked the looks of him quite well when I had a chance to see him.

ranch4profit

Thought he was an excellent shorthorn bull!  Lots of depth and thickness!

Those Damn Proud Uncle Sam looking hats were pretty snazzy too!!!!
(dog)

shortyjock89

Super stout, lots of hair and top. Probably more bone and foot than the average bull out in the yards too. He was even a little more appropriately sized for a Proud Jazz son.  I think he might be just a tick open shouldered, which is typical of the JPJ's.  I think he even did well up on the hill in the show. 

BrechtCattleCo

I was actually with Jake when we looked at Damn Proud in Kentucky, Ill be honest Im not all for the shorthorns, but I sure did like him!

Diamond

BrechtCattleCo said:
I was actually with Jake when we looked at Damn Proud in Kentucky, Ill be honest Im not all for the shorthorns, but I sure did like him!

I would have to agree, im not a shorthorn person, but I just might use him on a few.

shorthorn heifers

Know this bull personally! He is actually the background on my phone right now.  Stout boy with a ton of hair, Awesome!

Jacob B

I would have to say that yes he is moderate, mostly like jpj himself.  That's why I liked him, I have just the cow I would like to use him on.  I do agree about the shoulder, but I think I can forgive him for the rest of the positives about him.

Doc

His video doesn't look to bad. Except for me he won't work cause he's TH + , horned( not normally a kiss of death, just another strike) & he's a JPJ.

Jacob B

Very good points Doc, as usual.  Just thought as a terminal type sire, he could fit the bill and then some in the right situation.  Didn't plan on making him my new favorite maternal savior.  I have to compliment any kind of beef animal that can excell in there respective section of the business.  Right place right time I guess.