Delldale Red Emblem

Help Support Steer Planet:

nativeman

Bull is a great grandson of Calrossie White Emblem.He was by Calrossie Welcome who a lot of the really good shorthorns back in the past came from. Anybody remember these older genetics?

Attachments

• 2013-11-08 13.30.18 Red Emblem.jpg
    2013-11-08 13.30.18 Red Emblem.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 321

oakview

I just noticed your post/picture this morning.  Calrossie Welcome was in the ancestry of almost every popular bull I remember from the early 60's, when we first got started with Shorthorns.  Louada Farms put a very extended pedigree of their herd bull, Louada Rothes King, in Shorthorn World sometime in the 60's under the banner "How soon can a great blooline fade away?" or something like that.  Under that heading they wrote "As soon as you let it."  They were linebreeding Bapton Constructor, along with his ancestry including Calrossie Welcome.  I think the two bulls listed behind Welcome were Calrossie Harmony and Lawton President Roosevelt.  There may have been another generation shown, I can't remember.  Rothes King's sire line went like Louada Bonaparte, Bapton Constructor, Calrossie Constellation, Calrossie Welcome, Calrossie Harmony, Lawton President Roosevelt, and then it seems like there was one more, maybe a Glastulloch bull.  Louada Farms had a lot of success breeding Rothes King to Bapton Constructor daughters.  Billy Anderson in Iowa owned a full brother to Rothes King, Louada Rothes Prince, and was as tough to beat in the 60's as anybody around.  I bought a daughter of Prince in the late 60's.  She probably matured at 1,050 - 1,150 pounds.  We used Leader 21 afterwards to get them up out of the mud. 

nativeman

Just collected 100 units semen on him today.traced back to calrossie welcome and harmony,either or about 13 times.pretty linebred bull.Plan on using him heavily next year.collected 200 units from half brother that is in the classifies.Alittle more leg on him but bred right and would increase milk with thornwood major as sire of dam.I know of only two bulls with the sire of red emblem being one that have semen going back to welcome.May be others in Canada.Dennis Hoffrogge in Minnesota has loved Red Emblem from day 1.Hes got some awful nice calves from the bulls he has been using.

nativeman

Just turned out to pasture and a much better picture.will be TH tested soon but for totally new old genetics,not to bad.People have been telling me to turn him out for a year.Has a little brother by Kenmar President 26A.

Attachments

• DSC00005 DELLDALE RED EMBLEM.JPG
    DSC00005 DELLDALE RED EMBLEM.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 292

sue

We have marked catalogs of Louada sales from the 60's . Both my grand father and two parents attended many of the sales . I asked my dad about white emblem and he too remembers Calrossie Welcome making a impact and the Grandson Bapton Constructor.

Rothes King was a son of the Louada Bonaparte ( $30,000) imported to Argentina by Sir Charles Duggan of the Sittyton herd...  we used bulls from the same cow line as Bonaparte, the blood royals (daughter of Bapton Constructor) . Louada purchased the entire Bapton Herd of Scotland.
Photos of Calrossie Welcome would appear to be larger framed then Bapton Constructor or Rothes King.

beebe

Those are interesting genetics.  Do you have any information on frame score, tenderness, marbling and things such as that?