Denver 2011

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

We just got back from a long week showing in the Jr heifer and open female hereford show. This was our first time showing in Denver and we went in expecting it to be a learning experience more then anything. The amount of information and skill I learned in that week greatly exceded my expectations. It was a great time and I cant wait for next year.

MYT Farms

It was our first Denver showing anything, and also my first Shorthorn breed show. We got in line at 8 pm on Friday. By 2:30 am on Saturday, we finally had my girls tied out, watered, and bedded down. We grabbed some breakfast at the 7/11 and slept in the truck till 6. By then, we were finally able to get in and set up. We had a good time and got the heifers used to a show for the first time. We got them fit in time, got in the right class on time, and went straight to the bottom of the lineup. They were green fed and green broke, but that first show is out of the way and they are incredibly more gentle and tolerant for it. The TM Gus heifer will be traveling this summer, and hopefully hit state fair at the top of her game. She and a yearling will go back to Denver 2012. Really got us pumped for the show year ahead, and I look forward to baby roans next spring!

clubbie2011

Great! I was going to go down and show my heifer that's the best I've ever had but we didn't get her registered in time.
It's great that you guys learned, and that's what it's about I think when you go to a major show like that for the
first time. I'm going to the market show on Thursday so I'll be learning a lot so I can hopefully bump up my showing
skills. I also went yesterday too.

creativecattle

I love going to Denver to get caught up with friends and meet new ones. It is like a big family reunion. It was also a blast working on the Champion Drive videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHEzkmvVn4

MYT and Dozer45 congrats on your first time showing at Denver. I hope the year goes great with your heifers.