Denver Bulls 2011

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

CAB said:
Anyone have any thoughts about the bull, Game Plan, Monopoly X 734 X Harrietta X WMW?

I thought he was awfully straight and open shouldered.

Show Steaks

CAB said:
Anyone have any thoughts about the bull, Game Plan, Monopoly X 734 X Harrietta X WMW?
Can i get the same question answered as well as pionions on "pretty snazzy" ,monopoly money, and the orange bull (not bugs)

Bawndoh

From the video's and pictures I really like the looks of Easy Rider....just a really well put together, solid calf right now.  The kind of calf who looks like he
could compete in the show ring with many other breed, and also produce great steers and heifers.  Pedigree seems like he wont disappoint either.
I like the looks of Just One Look...someone posted a picture or two on here, but there isn't a video of him.  Could anybody who actually saw him comment?  He was a bit
bowed in behind, but looked solid from the photo??  I also really like the looks of Long Time Coming, and Cloud 9 as well.  Solid bulls...no holes, just need some time
until we can see what they could do :)

shortyjock89

I thought  Just One Look was a bit overlooked actually lol.  As far as being bow-legged, all of the bulls these days are being clipped that way....i guess to accentuate how much bone and power they have? I'm not sure, but I thought he was one of the best bulls out there.  He stood all day multiple days and still walked back to tie outs just fine.  Definitely one of my favorite Lautner offerings.

What was the name of Hueber's bull? I know he was a Yellow Jacket...soooo much power in that guy. 

I didn't really think Cloud 9 looked as good as I thought he would.  I'm sure he'll get lots of use though.

justintime

I thought Pretty Snazzy was the soundest made, and most complete bull on display at Denver this year. He is tremendously thick and is yet smooth shouldered, and has a real BW of 76 lbs. His feet and legs are excellent and I think he is a breath of fresh air for the clubby world.

worthabit

justintime said:
I thought Pretty Snazzy was the soundest made, and most complete bull on display at Denver this year. He is tremendously thick and is yet smooth shouldered, and has a real BW of 76 lbs. His feet and legs are excellent and I think he is a breath of fresh air for the clubby world.
What frame score would he be? Would he be average height of the bulls on display?

jackpotcattle

I have went back and looked at the bull vids again. Paid a little more attention this time and couldn't believe how many hind legs were fit to make them look more crippled. A lot of the drive lines started at the outside dewclaw and ended up on inside of hock, now with most of these small footed bulls standing on the outside of their foot to me this make them look worse. JMO and something I noticed. Is there some new thing that the jocks are fitting them this way? I was always taught if nothing else keep your drive lines straight, seems like a lot of these fitters are more concerned with getting the legs built then getting them pulled right.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to clip some hair off the inside of a leg, so worried about getting them scooped out forget about everything else. I will quit ranting.  (argue)

shortyjock89

jackpotcattle said:
I have went back and looked at the bull vids again. Paid a little more attention this time and couldn't believe how many hind legs were fit to make them look more crippled. A lot of the drive lines started at the outside dewclaw and ended up on inside of hock, now with most of these small footed bulls standing on the outside of their foot to me this make them look worse. JMO and something I noticed. Is there some new thing that the jocks are fitting them this way? I was always taught if nothing else keep your drive lines straight, seems like a lot of these fitters are more concerned with getting the legs built then getting them pulled right.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to clip some hair off the inside of a leg, so worried about getting them scooped out forget about everything else. I will quit ranting.  (argue)

I completely agree. It seems to be a trend of the last couple years. I don't get it.

cowman

jackpotcattle said:

Amen....it's gotten to were they all look like banana legged cripples. Like everything the pendulum has to swing too far in the wrong direction before it comes back to reality. Someone should tell them that a clip job attempting to make a straight legged bull look sounder for a picture, should be altered after the picture...when they're in motion they just look like nothing is working together.  

knabe

is there a width through the twist epd?

maybe they are just trying to show how low it goes and that people won't slip on the banana.

midway6376

What was the name of Hueber's bull? I know he was a Yellow Jacket...soooo much power in that guy. 

[/quote]

I believe you are talking about Moonshine.