Denver pen of 3 and pen of 5 sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

nmsteerjoc

I am looking to pick up another heifer for my little brother and was thinking about trying the pen of 3 and pen of 5 sale in Denver.  Can anyone tell me how the quality is?

BSCattle

We take a pen or two every year, there is usually some good ones, and some not so great ones. There will probably be quite a few for sale privately in the yards, so that might be another option.

nmsteerjoc

BSCattle said:
We take a pen or two every year, there is usually some good ones, and some not so great ones. There will probably be quite a few for sale privately in the yards, so that might be another option.

I have been going to Denver for about 8 years now and have never made it to the yards ( yes yes i know im a failure as a cattlemen).  Are they down the hill from the barn where they keep the prospect calves?

jallen

If your willing to spend the money you will find one that you want out there. You might want to look other places some of them are not worth what they go for.

nmsteerjoc

im only going to have $3,500-$4,000 to spend.  do you think that will put me in something decent or do i need to start shopping somewhere else?

farwest

There's some good ones if you can look through 4 inches of hair and extra flesh by that time of year. Be careful.  Might puke next spring when the hair comes off.  Some are left overs from fall auctions