Denver?

Help Support Steer Planet:

evermoor

We were hoping to go to Denver for our first time and would appreciate recommendations.  I really want to see the display bulls, but The women will probably want other " interesting things to do". What are good hotels, hot spots, eateries, and airlines too.

LostFarmer

The cheapest hotels were out by the old stapleton airport.  We had a Red Lion for 39 a night off of priceline.  Clean and cheap was all we were asking for.  There is a country buffet there that is good for breakfast and dinner during the week.  Not fancy but not bad and cheap.  There is also an IHOP close to the hotels.  The hotels are just a few minutes from the arena and easy to get to.  If you get a chance there is always the Draft horse show that is pretty cool.  LF

jbzdad

the bulls will be in the yard the same weekend as the maine show... Saturday seems to be the best day... it seems like the deal really is winding down by 4-5 PM... there are a lot of inside commercial exhibits, plenty to keep the "shoppers" busy... some of the shows you might like to see may not be the same weekend as the Maine show... if you get a chance get a steak at emilene's.. it is a REAL old steak place in a different location... great steak, choices are steak or steak mostly... kinda pricey but really good... won't see many yuppies there ....these folks usually are the premium buyers for the champion steer show and it is kinda nice to help support that

jbzdad

it can be kinda nasty outside some times ... put your insulated coveralls and warm mud boots , hat and gloves in the truck... you don't want to miss the show just because of a little ice and cold

sue

I would stay at a hotel that offers a free shuttle system to and from the stock yards. Parking can be a pain too. I know the Double Tree and Radisson offer a shuttle.

KCK

There is shopping for "the woman" If you can find someone with a pass, there is a huge Marketplace going on in Denver during the stockshow. If she just wants to ignore the cattle show portion of Denver, there are some cool malls, like Flat Irons, that she can wonder. Can always go to "Low Do" the lower district part of Denver. Fun times.

Most of the hotels on Quebec have a shuttle. There are a few that offer happy hour, but they are back on Peoria I believe.

Layers are a must! Sat around with everyone in the displays one day, drinking in the amazing sun, listening to live music..... waddled up to the Hill, drank and chatted up there only to come out to snow. Enough to do snow angels in, but that is another story:)

If you get too cold, there is always football in the yards bar.

Elway's is a decent, super priced steak. There is some pretty good Mexican food in Denver. Can't think of the place off the top of my head.

You will have a blast. Wouldn't miss this show for the world.