depth charge on market steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

dcbehle

Depth Charge is great for adding... depth. If you are looking to add performance or ADG, you should probably not use this product. One of the side benefits of using this product is to hold an animal that has reached its desired weight. Depth Charge expands when it gets wet, preferrably in the gut of the animal. It then expands to help increase the size of the gut. With this product, it can fill up the gut on less feed and keep the animal - filled up. Less corn and other grain means less performance.

We use it typically near show time to start expanding the gut, much like you would do with beat pulp. Start it up to a week before a show and you can expand the gut or depth for better show ring appearance. If you have a calf that really lacks some depth, start it much earlier as a way to develop the gut earlier so that it can look deeper.

Corriedalesrock

I use Depth Charge on my market steer but I have county fair in 17 days and he is really slowing down on his feed so I may not use it on him anymore because he needs every last pound I can get on him and Depth Charge is going to keep slowing him down. But I really like this feed and I will probably feed it again in the future. He is also on beet pulp, which I will feed till the last day, I suggest you try some of that.

paj315

i actually talked to a nutritionists from Purina and he told me it does expand in the gut and help add depth and may result in less feed intake at first. But, as you use it routinely it actually increases feed intake because it has stretched out the stomach and allows for more room for feed.So i guess it depends on how long you have to use it and if its worth the initial decrease in feed intake

rackranch

paj315 said:
i actually talked to a nutritionists from Purina and he told me it does expand in the gut and help add depth and may result in less feed intake at first. But, as you use it routinely it actually increases feed intake because it has stretched out the stomach and allows for more room for feed.So i guess it depends on how long you have to use it and if its worth the initial decrease in feed intake
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^