Dieter bred Chi-Angus Herd Sire For Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

WFCC

I have a chi-angus herd sire for sale.  He is a yearling and was born last march.  BW 112 lbs.  RDD DESTINY ACE x NEW DESIGN 878 (Lot 433 in dieter dispersal).  The cow is currently nursing a carnac heifer that is super stout and hairy.  A full sister ace heifer sold for 9,000 at dieters dispersal as lot 1413 and was entered for louisville.  This bulls is stout, square hip, and good fronted with plenty of bone to make good females! will have pictures soon!  $2,500

forbes family farms

Nobody would want to breed their cow to a bull with a BW of 112 it would be really stupid if they did. I like to breed my cows to bulls with a 70-80 pound birth weight so i will have calving ease but also some thickness for show quality. I am not trying to be rude i am just stating my oppinon.

Show Heifer

forbes family farms said:
Nobody would want to breed their cow to a bull with a BW of 112 it would be really stupid if they did.

Millions have used heatwave, heat seeker, and others....

cotullaguy

forbes family farms said:
Nobody would want to breed their cow to a bull with a BW of 112 it would be really stupid if they did. I like to breed my cows to bulls with a 70-80 pound birth weight so i will have calving ease but also some thickness for show quality. I am not trying to be rude i am just stating my oppinon.

I have heard Heat Wave had a birthweight of 140 lbs.  Thus, this bull is considered easy calving in the club calf world.  (lol)

PRO

I think the individual that said that nobody would breed their cows to a bull with a 112 pound birthweight should probably reserve judgment.  That is an actual birthweight not a guess or a lie like many people do.  Deiters sold bulls with +100 pound birthweights for a lot of money to commerical cattlemen.  Cattle in their operation did not have any problems birthing these calves.  Some of the birthweight comes from the environment.  A mature chiangus cow would have no problem with a calf out of that bull.  Chiangus cattle are also made the right way to exit a cow.  Thats my opinion.  I thought the other side should be represented by someone other than the bull owner( who I do not know).

WFCC

im glad someone that posts on here knows chi cattle. if you have ever calved chi cows, they are great mothers. we had a chi cow have a 120+ carnac heifer in 5 minutes unassisted.  #112  doesnt mean calving trouble, this bull is aerodynamic, good bone, hip and sound. will work great for any clean up herd and will not reduce quality! passed breeding exam with great quality as a yearling.  Comes from a good cow family!

jackpotcattle

PRO said:
I think the individual that said that nobody would breed their cows to a bull with a 112 pound birthweight should probably reserve judgment.  That is an actual birthweight not a guess or a lie like many people do.  Deiters sold bulls with +100 pound birthweights for a lot of money to commerical cattlemen.  Cattle in their operation did not have any problems birthing these calves.  Some of the birthweight comes from the environment.  A mature chiangus cow would have no problem with a calf out of that bull.  Chiangus cattle are also made the right way to exit a cow.  Thats my opinion.  I thought the other side should be represented by someone other than the bull owner( who I do not know).

Exactly!! how cattle are made has way more to do with calving ease than BW does. A 90 pound square has a harder time getting out of the hole than the 120 pound oval.  I have an old Impulse cow that had a 155# NP calf unassited and was up and nursing in 20 min. And yes i am kind of guessing on the weight, because I couldn't pick him all the way off the ground so i just wrote down what the scale said.(Not like it mattered cuz he got steered anyway)