Dirty Harry on heifers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

MooMooLover

Not to sound stupid or anything, but we are talking about two different bulls here, right?  We used Dirty Harry but there is also a Dirty Hairy. So i'm confused as to which one everyone is talkin about because I've seen both on this thread.

VJ

I don't have any experience with him on hfrs but I just had my big pb Shorthorn cow calve a DH calf. She is a Vortec with a 108 lb bw so I've been cautious about what I breed her to. Her DH calf is awesome! Black with just a few white hairs mixed in. 85 lbs unassisted.

Show Steaks

We had 6 Dh calves, 4 bred to 2nd calvers.....3 of these 4 have calved already, 1 died for some reason, cow went into labor and when we felt around calf felt"soft" been dead a day or 2, my guess prolly weighed 90lbs...... had 2 others , heifer and bull both doing well they think the front pasture is Daytona....Had 2 calves by DH on first calf heifers, one a small PB maine female unassisted 75 #'s nice and thick will be great little heifer(Thanks Juli) other was out of a pb angus heifer born last night light pull, mostly just wanted calf out so i could go to bed not that she needed help.
Good luck Red
I think either bull would be a good choice

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes, Kris used him alot!! In fact I was told he bought 500 straws of semen,after seeing his first calf crop.That's a "Rumor has it" story although one of "Harry's owners was talking about that.

MooMooLover

Well our heifer had her calf through the night, but unfortunately it was dead.  90# heifer calf, unassisted, mom's fine, don't know what happened. So now we are 0 for 2, not too good. Five more to go. I would like one alive though. :(

TMJ Show Cattle

Ramblin Fever semen is available at Genetic Horizons/SEK .However you should know,I think it may go up in price.Right now it sells for 15.00 per straw.

CAB

MML, we're all talking about the same bull. 3/4 blood Ali son that Geffert's raised. We just don't go to look @ how they spelled his name. Sorry about your calf. Brent

C-CROSS

We used DH last year with great success.  This year only one so far and C-section a 120# out of a PB shorthorn.  Last year bred one the same and it was 70.  whoe's to say, but we had a very cold year and the heifers just didn't exercise like years before.

CAB

John, do you have any idea as to what kind of pelvic measurements Dan is seeing in the Ramblin Fever daughters? Thanks, John. Brent

CAB

Jill, Tony put a link up here on page 1of this thread that will get you to a good video. The bull looks very good. I like the fact that he is a 2005 model. Brent