DJ Salution

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

Send a PM to P-F or Pohlman Farms. Pearl post on here usually. She can tell you as they use to own him and have had quiet a few calves out of him. If I remember right they got along okay but wanted a little more bone. They also own Amazon. Pearl posted on him here a month or so back. If she sees this thread she will drop a line.

jeffmaas

Alpha said:
  Excellent choice for first calf heifers, if you want to use a purebred simmi.  Works well on clubby cows for foundation simmi calves.

FBF

We have had excellent reports on DJ Salution as a calving ease simmi.  His calves come small and dont look like much at birth.  However, by weaning time they are very marketable.  Look at his new ad with Progeny pictures.  Harkers had an $11,000 heifer this year.

OH Breeder

This is what Pearl Ann had to say about DJ Salution.

6  Steer Planet Chat / The Big Show / Re: DJ Salution  on: January 20, 2010, 11:41:22 AM 

We used to own the bull and have had about 40 calves, They do come really easy, some can have a little birth weight but they are long and slender and even the one or two that were 90 just slid out.  I wouldnt use him on any heifers that are crossed up especially with any Maine or Clubby genetics.  I would say he is a pretty safe bet on Angus and simmental based 1st calvers.  The calves are very eye appealing,  they grow good and he added some frame to our ohlde/duff Angus, but he also took the guts away, they are very flat made.  We have one or two that are soggy, which we kept as replacements we sold the rest because they were too hard made for us.  hope this helps, I do have semen available if you are intersted.  We still use the bull on some heifers but they are the Anchor belly draggers that need a frame or 2 and have enough belly for 2 cows.