Django

Help Support Steer Planet:

sizzler14

I know Carlson is always about posting new bulls. Here is one I found that Executive sires is taking to Denver and One I feel has a lot of use to him. He's an I-80 x Headliner x RSVP. So he's got some maternal in him, yet some power and shag for being TH and PHA free and being an I-80. He has some size to him as well. I am going to use him on some this year. What's everyone else think?

Attachments

• 1540444_710538925652646_999478699_o.jpg
    1540444_710538925652646_999478699_o.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 684

Clubby24

From his bulls I would try that Hard Whiskey x Hairrietta first if it were me, but that's just me lol. I'm partial to the great Hairrietta I guess.

Telos

Think his pedigree is good. From pic would like a bigger foot in comparison to his size. Maybe a wider base.

sizzler14

I had looked at him and considered it because I ike the Harrietta cow too My problem with him is, and this is purely my opinion is, I  think Hard Whiskey is one of the most overrated bulls out there

sizzler14

well like i said its my opinion. from my perspective, people are paying $175-$250 per straw for him. So do you really feel people are going to be breeding him to crappy cows? so out of his first calf crop considering the fact he was used on top notch cows wouldn't you have expected some good ones????? Broker did it his first calf crop. Secondly, he is a bul that had trouble collecting and appartently still does because semen is still selling for $175. So you have one of two cases. 1) your breeding to a bull with some  fertility issues or 2) your breeding to a bull used on top cows and apparently cant throw any good ones because mainly there has only been buzz around this son and like 2 other heifers. Lastly, i had a friend show me a pic of him from the bull stud he was anything but something amazing. So when I add it up and see the broker calves I have seen this year with the same circumstances of being used on top end cows, I conclude in my opinion that Hard Whiskey is overrated or Im not breeding poor fertility or semen quality into my heard. This is just my opinion. Some people like Pepsi, So people like Coke, Some people prefer Light colored pop all together......

rjb

This is a hard whiskey heifer my daughter is showing this yr. She was champion maintainer at badger....this one is lights out and only getting better everyday!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 309

showin2010

It looks like Griswold and Minnaert have a Hard whiskey son that they are promoting this year.  They call him Royal Blend.

Attachments

• Royal Blend.jpg
    Royal Blend.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 645

chevelle

****REMOVED BY MODERATOR****
Posting defacing opinion without presenting facts