DMCC Dr Pepper

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakview

Dividend X fullblood Maine cow.  The dam may have been national champion Maine female back in the day, I don't remember for sure.  Her background includes nearly all the noted foundation Maine bulls.  I personally like the Irish Shorthorn-Maine cross cattle.  I wouldn't expect 75 pound calves out of him.  If I had semen, I wouldn't be afraid to try it.

blackdiamond

oakview said:
Dividend X fullblood Maine cow.  The dam may have been national champion Maine female back in the day, I don't remember for sure.  Her background includes nearly all the noted foundation Maine bulls.  I personally like the Irish Shorthorn-Maine cross cattle.   I wouldn't expect 75 pound calves out of him.  If I had semen, I wouldn't be afraid to try it.

ME TOO...  Going to do plenty more of that type of breeding in this short go.

I don't have the semen, but I've got him pretty close up in some pedigrees, and I have some stacked around him. 

Have a very interesting 7/8 roan bull calf that traces to him real close on the bottom.  From our double bred Ali Maine bull who is used almost soley on heifers.  This calf is as deep and soggy as any I've ever had, or saw at this stage.  Thinking he might be worth growing out...

AAOK

Call Mark and ask him about the Bull.  He will be straight with you.

Diamond M Cattle Company
Mark Mueller and Family
1757 300th Street
Hiawatha, Kansas 66434
Home 785-742-2399
Mark Cell 785-547-6054
Email: [email protected]

Doc

Always have been a big fan of him. Tried to buy a Pepper x Simmi cross hfr in Buchholz dispersal called Butterfly . She was super nice. Martindell used a bull out of the same cow as Pepper , just a different sire. I'm like Oakview and wouldn't be afraid to use him.

mark tenenbaum

Dr Pepper was a Dividend out of Kings Olivia if I can remember right-his full siater was DMCC Divolivia who ended up at Belgalkas I believe. Mueller never really used him-Kennedy Bros and Gary Bucholtz in Texas used him alot-I WOULD BE VERY CAREFULL calving one out of him-Ive helped pull a couple out of daughters over the years-they werent for the faint of heart. Martindells bull DMCC Vintage was a full brother to DMCC LITD Edition-they had another really cool one from Mark Mueller-DMCC Enticer I think,and a Red Warrior bull from DMCC also. The Enticer bull was way cool,and there is a roan son they have been using,but just wont sell semen-hes really good. O0

skeeter

Several years ago when my kids were showing I looked through Kennedy Bros calves for shorthorn steers here in Texas.  Remember going through calves 2 or 3 years. Dr Pepper steers I recall being big boned, thick, with cocky show steer look.  They had some grow in them and fed well.  Not puds.  I would describe the Pepper steers I saw as "bold, thick, nice profiling" .  I remember seeing Dr Pepper at Justin's, but can't remember specifics, been too many years ago.

doc-sun

oakview said:
Dividend X fullblood Maine cow.  The dam may have been national champion Maine female back in the day, I don't remember for sure.  Her background includes nearly all the noted foundation Maine bulls.  I personally like the Irish Shorthorn-Maine cross cattle.  I wouldn't expect 75 pound calves out of him.  If I had semen, I wouldn't be afraid to try it.
i have a fullblood maine cow at transplant and got 8 cloud 9 embryos last flush in late nov. i have irish semen on hillside l s exception, armageddon trudeau and thornwood major. which would you use?

oakview

Thornwood Major is 100% double registered milking shorthorn.  Trudeau is sired by Pomona, a 100% milking shorthorn and a full brother to Columbus.  I am not familiar with the Exception bull.  Thornwood Major and Trudeau were owned by Lazy D Farms in Missouri.  If you got the semen from them, I believe they at one time had semen from a bull named Hillrock L S Sensation or perhaps Hillrock Lily's Sensation.  The Hillrock herd was another double registered milking shorthorn herd.  I'll do some research and see if I can find the Exception bull, but I know the other two do not have any Irish Shorthorn genetics behind them.  Lazy D had a large number of Irish cattle, but at least two you mentioned would not be among them.

oakview

There is a bull listed on the ASA website named HillROCK L S Exception instead of HillSIDE.  He is a son of Hillrock Lily Sensation and a 100% double registered milking shorthorn bull.  FYI, double registered means registered in both the beef and milking herd books, popular in the 1970s.  You will get something entirely different using these bulls than what you might expect from some of the better Irish bulls.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
http://www.martindellshorthorns.com/cattle/semen/index.html

http://sekgenetics.mybigcommerce.com/panama-red//// Well: he looks familiar-(Panama Red) Genuine for real CE deal:his dam would be the easiest calving Cumberland in the 22 year progession I had them-his steers would never show-but seemed to grade good-his daughters would make good cows-very low BWs-he just didnt breed up to expectations with very limited use-But I doubt youd ever have to assist one of his other than mal-presentation.. Vintage-a RWM fullblood looking bull-FULL SIB to DMCC LTD Edition-who is very influential now-more so than years ago. Cheep semen,and a good bet to breed clubby horns when you are worried about calving. Thanks for putting this info up O0

nativeman

Have a Hillrock Lily Sensation cow in herd.Good milker . Tall and made well. Fairly easy keeper.Flushed a Mckees Matchless Robin 10 year old cow to old Columbus.Got 12 good eggs. Not bad for giving all shots myself.

oakview

Wow.  There can't be much of that breeding (Columbus, Hillrock, etc.) around any more.  We used the heck out of those bulls in the early 70s.  I had a son of Foxdale Favorite Robin that won the Iowa and Minnesota State Fair beef shows in 1975.  We sure liked to AI to Clark and Columbus back then.  I had a son of Lago's Cache Winner that came from Bar-D in Minnesota, but he didn't do much for me.  I guess he did chase me around the pen one day.  We used those bulls to add some frame size and then I came back with a full Irish bull to add that square hip and some bone.  I'd like to see some photos of your Columbus calves when you get some.  I still remember sitting in the loft at Graham's dispersal.  I think it averaged about 3,200 and I thought that it would be the highest sale average I would ever see.  I guess I was wrong about that.  After their sale I drove over to Canby, Minnesota, and visited a herd, but I can't remember the gentleman's name.  At one time I had two ampules of Scottshill Major Clark semen.  I know where there is a group of the double registered bull semen if you ever have any interest.  A little diversity never hurt anyone.

nativeman

Give me a call sometime. Liked to here some about the older dual semen. Hopefully sticking some of those eggs in this week.

blackdiamond

This calf may end up staying here, we'll see how he develops down the road as a heifer bull...

His dam traces back to being a double bred Dr. Pepper.

Attachments

• IMG_2062.JPG
    IMG_2062.JPG
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    832.2 KB · Views: 156

Latest posts